Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Qourn?

1 - 10 of 34 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

xx Melinda xx xx Melinda xx VIC Posts: 40
1 4 Jun 2010
This product was advertised on A Current Affair this evening. Its a meat substitute, and also a soy free product. Its made out of mycoprotein (so its similar to fungi). Has 11 products in the range. However, it does contain some egg white and milk products, so its not vegan friendly. The products will be in stores (not sure which ones) later this month, and all products retail for $5.99. Check out http://www.quorn.com.au/page/Products.aspx for more information happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 4 Jun 2010
My friend just told me this on FB! I wa uber excited and wondered if they were vegan friendly. Even if only 1 or 2 products are vegan that's better than none!
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
3 4 Jun 2010
ugh i was all excited untill i read on their website..

"all Quorn products contain a small amount of egg white, and most also contain milk ingredients"
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 4 Jun 2010
Shorty said:

"all Quorn products contain a small amount of egg white, and most also contain milk ingredients"
Damn really?
ReplyQuote

soy soy NSW Posts: 100
5 4 Jun 2010
Oh my gosh I am so excited!
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
6 5 Jun 2010
Oh well. The move veggo options the better. Maybe when they kick off they will introduce some vegan ones too. Or even alter some recipes happy
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
7 5 Jun 2010
"The egg used to bind the mycoprotein ingredient is from free range hens only."

So whilst they are not vegan, they are slightly better than other companies who refuse to do that.

happy
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
8 5 Jun 2010
Write to them and tell them happy
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
9 5 Jun 2010
I was so excieted when i found out it was coming here! i have been waiting for years for it to come!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
10 5 Jun 2010
Shorty said:

Is that just for the products they are stating off to sell here? Because in the UK they have like one hundred products and maybe a few of them are vegan.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au