Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Spongebob Squarepants

1 - 7 of 7 posts

La Dolly Vita La Dolly Vita QLD Posts: 2
1 10 Jul 2009
This is probably going to sound a little strange,
but the other day I realised that there is meat promotion even in Spongebob.

I'm sure the people behind the show don't intentionally promote it, though.
They probably just never thought about it.

I remember when I was younger and carnivorous,
I would watch spongebob make all the krabby patties and all that jazz,
and me being a highly suggestible child would start craving a burger.
Especially because they constantly tell you about how 'delicious' it is.
Even though it's a cartoon.
So wouldn't that contribute to sending the 'MEAT = YUM YUM GOOD' message to
children?? Therefore resulting in more and more animals consumed..

Am I going a little crazy here?

I'm not sure if I'm making sense haha.
ReplyQuote

La Dolly Vita La Dolly Vita QLD Posts: 2
2 10 Jul 2009
Yeah..

I think I'm going crazy.

aw, man..
ReplyQuote

mushroomfeilds mushroomfeilds SA Posts: 320
3 10 Jul 2009
yea i remember doing that to. i'd be all like mmmm maccas after watching it. EEWWWW. lol that is so dodgy no wonder the lil kiddies are getting obese!! scared. hey congratz on being veg ITS EPIC you should try vegan one day...its even better.
xxolauren
ReplyQuote

ReNe3 ReNe3 VIC Posts: 52
4 10 Jul 2009
narh your not going crazy
there are lots of 'hidden messages' and even product placements in shows and movies if you know where to look lol take a look at will smiths "seven pounds"  that had a strong veg message
wink
ReplyQuote

april-san april-san QLD Posts: 368
5 11 Jul 2009
yeah, even in Ice Age 3 (saw it last night with the family, my parents love the Ice Age movies) they diss vegetarians!!
When the mum T-Rex is trying to feed her babies meat, Sid tells her that he wants to raise them vegetarian, and is waving a giant broccoli around (excuse me while I drool a bit). broccoli
Sid tells the baby T-Rexs that you need to eat your vegetables to grow big and strong *Sid flexes nonexistence muscles*. Comparing weakling, chubby, unfit vegetarian sloth to giant T-Rex carnivore doesn't put vegetarianism in a good light.

So subliminal!!
ReplyQuote

april-san april-san QLD Posts: 368
6 11 Jul 2009
april-san said:
yeah, even in Ice Age 3 (saw it last night with the family, my parents love the Ice Age movies) they diss vegetarians!!
When the mum T-Rex is trying to feed her babies meat, Sid tells her that he wants to raise them vegetarian, and is waving a giant broccoli around (excuse me while I drool a bit). broccoli
Sid tells the baby T-Rexs that you need to eat your vegetables to grow big and strong *Sid flexes nonexistence muscles*. Comparing weakling, chubby, unfit vegetarian sloth to giant T-Rex carnivore doesn't put vegetarianism in a good light.

So subliminal!!
oh, and sorry if this is a spoiler for someone...just pretend you didn't read it
ReplyQuote

ashleigh ashleigh QLD Posts: 57
7 12 Jul 2009
yes, i noticed the exact same thing in Ice Age.

It sucks that kids are brought up this way.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au