Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Animal Rights Artwork

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
1 14 Jul 2010
In my arts class I have to apply a bunch of different styles to a famous/well known artwork, so I thought it'd be cool to do something Animal Rights themed (my last two have been, why break the chain!).
Only problem is, I don't know of any! I did a google search but that's about as far as I got.

If anyone could suggest something they know of that would be righteous! (:
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 14 Jul 2010
There's that artwork of the dogs playing poker.... maybe you could play with that one?
ReplyQuote

Tofu Ninja Tofu Ninja NSW Posts: 165
3 14 Jul 2010
Mona Lisa wearing Animals Australia shirt?
Whistlers Mother - same idea.

Andy Warhol's style where he has the 4 or more pics in different colours. You could change the pic of Marylin Monroe to one of Britches (animal liberation monkey - google him if you are unsure) or someone hugging a pig or whatever.

Edvard Munch's The Scream - You could make a reason why the figure is screaming? Like a factory farm behind him.
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
4 14 Jul 2010
All really cool ideas (:
It's a little less deep than that though, haha. It's really just taking an artwork and redoing it so that it incorporates different styles like impressionism, gothic, cubism etc... not really meant to change anything about the actual picture itself. I just have no real knowledge of any Animal Rights related artworks. :c

Thanks for the input so far! (:
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
5 14 Jul 2010
Look up Banksy and Animal Rights. This link explains his take on animals rights and might suggest a piece. He's got all sorts of work on the treatment of animals and factory farming etc.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/31559374/Banksy-Final-1
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
6 14 Jul 2010
Tofu Ninja said:
Mona Lisa wearing Animals Australia shirt?
Whistlers Mother - same idea.

Andy Warhol's style where he has the 4 or more pics in different colours. You could change the pic of Marylin Monroe to one of Britches (animal liberation monkey - google him if you are unsure) or someone hugging a pig or whatever.

Edvard Munch's The Scream - You could make a reason why the figure is screaming? Like a factory farm behind him.
Yeah and the awesome thing about doing something with the Mona Lisa was that good ol' da Vinci was a vego as well.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
7 14 Jul 2010
Tofu Ninja said:
I like that idea!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
8 14 Jul 2010
Eww, I hated that assignment.. It's hard to make it look good.

SO WITH THAT SAID, GOOD LUCK BRO!
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
9 15 Jul 2010
Unleashed Admin
This is very art geekish, but anyway...
Rene Magritte has this famous painting of a pipe, and underneath it says (in French) "This is not a pipe.".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MagrittePipe.jpg

I always thought it would be neat to have a shirt that has a cow painted in the same style and says underneath "This is not a coat." (but in French).

Don't know that it would work for your project though.
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
10 15 Jul 2010
Jesse said:
This is very art geekish, but anyway...
Rene Magritte has this famous painting of a pipe, and underneath it says (in French) "This is not a pipe.".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MagrittePipe.jpg

I always thought it would be neat to have a shirt that has a cow painted in the same style and says underneath "This is not a coat." (but in French).

Don't know that it would work for your project though.
I love Magritte happy cool idea
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au