Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Anyone heard of the burger joint Grill'd?

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

krystaljadexvx krystaljadexvx QLD Posts: 259
1 21 Jul 2010
It's a Healthy Burger restaurant/cafe thing that i've only just heard of and they do not one, but THREE vegan burger patties.
in amongst all their meat patties they have three patties that are suitable for vegans.
Anyone ever tried them? I've heard they're amazing.

Although, extensive research online leads me to believe their chips are cooked in beef tallow which is a bummer. but more vegan burgers! yay!

just incase you're interested - http://www.grilld.com.au/section/locations-menu/
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
2 21 Jul 2010
Yes! Oh my god. You think you've had delicious burgers before but WHOA.

I've had a veggie patty a while ago from there, so I'm not sure if it was the vegan one or if all the non meat patties are vegan, but whatever I had was delicious! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
3 21 Jul 2010
All the vegetarian burgers are vegan without cheese and mayo and, they are totally delicious:  my favorite is the Garden Goodness.
Their chips aren't vegan, but I'm not really sure why.  We have been told by numerous people who work there that they aren't vegan but they never specifically say anything to my husband who is vegetarian.  It always goes like this
Husband orders vegetarian and chips
I order vegan
Shop person says to me 'Are you vegan?'
Me: 'Yes'
Shop person: 'The chips aren't vegan.  Just thought you should know.'

Maybe it's the belief that vegetarians generally just don't eat things with actual meat - and don't bother about tallow, gelatin etc. but that vegans are militant about avoidance.  Who knows?
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
4 21 Jul 2010
i went there while in melbourne only burger ive had that i didn't feel yuck afterwards they are so nice
ReplyQuote

Tink Tink QLD Posts: 100
5 21 Jul 2010
I tried Grill'd in Perth! Expensive, but tasty happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
6 21 Jul 2010
Tink said:
There's one here?! Where?!
ReplyQuote

fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me VIC Posts: 376
7 21 Jul 2010
Yep, Grill'd is great! But keep in mind their chips are not vegan. Or so I've been told by the staff that work there.

FYI happy
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
8 21 Jul 2010
RaV3N said:
Tink said:
Beaufort st Mt Lawley happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
9 22 Jul 2010
Mondayschild said:
RaV3N said:
Tink said:
Beaufort st Mt Lawley happy
Pfft. Talk about difficult to get too! No wonder I've never seen it before lol
ReplyQuote

KittyVegan KittyVegan VIC Posts: 203
10 22 Jul 2010
Yeah there burgers are pretty awsome! Expencive but all vegan take away is.. The only problem was last time I was there, the chick cut a few meat patty burgers in half the. With the same meat soaked knife she chopped mine in half... I hate it when that happens!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au