Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

So Good Chocolate Bliss

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

patrickclody patrickclody NSW Posts: 26
1 6 Aug 2010
So i bought this soy ice cream, So Good Choc Bliss, and the ingredients on the website (which is exclusive to australia, the country i'm in) say that nothing is from animal origin, but on the actually container the ingredients are slightly different, does anyone know about it's status. and are all varieties vegan or are the ingredients on the website just an elaboration?
Thank you ecstatic
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 7 Aug 2010
Can you give some examples?

Sanitarium is a vegetarian company who make some vegan products. So the only animal ingredients that would be in there would be egg or milk. But since it's soy milk based there goes the milk. And well egg just doesn't belong in ice cream.

PS: 99.9% of us are in Australia wink
ReplyQuote

3 7 Aug 2010
Duly noted, I should start reading what I sign up to. Still, didn't hurt for me to clarify. Yes I've been told that it's vegan as well. I guess i get a bit paranoid about some things.
Taking this all very seriously. happy Thank you so much, for your logic.

I don't really need to check this now, I didn't realise that sanitarium where vege, and my only concerns were of the vitamin origins.

http://sogood.sanitarium.com.au/

it's under frozen deserts. happy
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
4 7 Aug 2010
Sanitarium are awesome. ecstatic
I discovered the other day that Hills Fresh stock rice milk, soy milk, oat milk, as well as a range of  vegan chocolates. O.O
I knew (thanks to Raven) that they sold toffutti, but I had no idea they were THIS awesome!!!
ReplyQuote

Little_Kitty Little_Kitty United Kingdom Posts: 376
5 7 Aug 2010
I actually emailed them asking what origion was some of the additives and she gave me this lovely responce

"Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding emulsifiers.  I am pleased to provide the following information.

All emulsifiers used in Sanitarium products are produced without the use of animal ingredients and are suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets, no animal products are used in the production of So Good Bliss desserts.

We hope that you find our information helpful. Please feel free to contact us again for more information.  

Yours Sincerely,
Simon Barden
Dietitian - Sanitarium Nutrition Services

YAY! Sanitarium!
ReplyQuote

6 9 Aug 2010
ecstatic thank you so much also! This website is so helpful ecstatic
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 9 Aug 2010
I miss the caramel & strawberry ones! Do they still exist...?!
ReplyQuote

8 9 Aug 2010
I only ever see vanilla and chocolate sad
chocolate is still great though.
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
9 10 Aug 2010
ckimana said:
I miss the caramel & strawberry ones! Do they still exist...?!
There was a caramel and strawberry flavour?!?!?!
I really feel like I missed out. =(
No, I work at Coles and they've confirmed that only the vanilla and chocolate are available.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
10 10 Aug 2010
Damn. I looove caramel. sad
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au