Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Its not a Fad or Diet.....

1 - 10 of 42 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Ava Ava United States Posts: 23
1 14 Jul 2009
Many people think vegetarianism is just a thing that will come and go. Unfortunatly if people had the self control and will power to remain what they say,the serious ones wouldnt have the problem that we do.
When people do it and give up saying this is too hard, i feel its a load of crap because iv done it 3 years. Its not like i dont need protein and everything every other human needs to survive.
And when i first began my mom said i wouldnt last. That really upset me and as most teenagers i was like ok lets try this out! After a week, i was kinda going "haha mom" and she still didnt think i would continue, a month passed and it wasnt so much "hah mom" anymore. It was about the animals very quickly to me. I realized when i started that i was actually making a difference not only in my life where in fact i did lose 10lbs, but in that of the animals i wasnt eating! And as i continued on this odd quest for animal rights and self health it got easier everyday and i have started talking about it and having friends see the harmful effect it has on everyone. In my town i was the first of the now 10-15 vegetarians that now inhabit our area ecstatic that makes me feel so absolutly amazing that i really think im having an influence. Many have already hit their first year mark and im so proud of them happy

But i am completely meat free and have become a serious animal activist, boycotting every brand i can that tests on animals and keeping up with every new learned thing about the situation that i can.

Hmmmm  just felt like doin a random topic like that i suppose. How many agree that they are sick of Vegetarianism/Veganism being looked upon as a 'fad 'or  'diet'  because its not, its a life style!?
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
2 14 Jul 2009
Yep, it's def a lifestyle. Nice to see we have some international visitors, welcome happy
My parents initially thought, "it's just a phase, she'll grow out of this vegetarianism thing soon enough." but how wrong they were!!
ReplyQuote

Gaara-Rulez Gaara-Rulez United States Posts: 6
3 14 Jul 2009
yes Ava i know you influenced me XD almost two years baby! but yes it's definantly a lifestyle.
ReplyQuote

Ava Ava United States Posts: 23
4 14 Jul 2009
yeah that how my parents are and they are still hoping but not a chance happy

The Veronicas actually directed me here and iv been hooked on this sight since!
unfortunatly i cant buy the merch since its not available over here. Seems like this is the Aussie version of PETA?
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
5 14 Jul 2009
Ava said:
yeah that how my parents are and they are still hoping but not a chance happy

The Veronicas actually directed me here and iv been hooked on this sight since!
unfortunatly i cant buy the merch since its not available over here. Seems like this is the Aussie version of PETA?
I guess you could say that! I personally see Animals Australia as an organisation raising awareness about the harsh realities of factory farming. Hmmm I'm sure there is someway you could get your hands on the merch...first contact AA/Unleashed and see if there's any way they can send you stuff in the States. Otherwise, I might be able to order your stuff when I order mine then send yours to you happy
ReplyQuote

gaytee. gaytee. NSW Posts: 40
6 14 Jul 2009
i get so angry when my mum says, oh yeah, kaytees in her vegetarian phase atm.
its not a phase though, its how i plan to live the rest of my life (:
i really dont find it hard at all. i have no dietry issues at all! i dont even need to take supplements. im healthier, happier and feel im doing something for the animals (:
I put off going veg for years because i thought it would be so hard, but its not!
its the easiest thing i have ever done, and i wish i started sooner!
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
7 14 Jul 2009
lol of course ive been there. when im introduced as "the vegetarian" theres always the question 'oh so how long will you be like that for?'

i reply with 'oh only 6 months, 2 weeks, 4 days and 18 hours to go', followed by my exit.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
8 14 Jul 2009
.ellehcoR said:
lol of course ive been there. when im introduced as "the vegetarian" theres always the question 'oh so how long will you be like that for?'

i reply with 'oh only 6 months, 2 weeks, 4 days and 18 hours to go', followed by my exit.
hahahhahahaha
ReplyQuote

Darth Vegan Darth Vegan SA Posts: 19
9 14 Jul 2009
My dad thinks its just a phase for me too.. He is extremely pro meat as he grew up on a farm.
I always thought that if my Girlfriend ever left me i would probably drop being a vegan and maybe even vegetarian as she is my main source of inspiration and the reason i went vegetarian/vegan but ive recently worked out that i couldn't go back even if she left me.. Im vegan for life!
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
10 14 Jul 2009
Darth Vegan said:
My dad thinks its just a phase for me too.. He is extremely pro meat as he grew up on a farm.
I always thought that if my Girlfriend ever left me i would probably drop being a vegan and maybe even vegetarian as she is my main source of inspiration and the reason i went vegetarian/vegan but ive recently worked out that i couldn't go back even if she left me.. Im vegan for life!
happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au