Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

For those who want to vote below the line

1 - 10 of 25 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
1 10 Aug 2010
...in the upcoming federal election, for the Senate (rather than just putting a '1' in a box above the line and having no control over where your vote is headed!)

I know there have been a few people who have expressed interest in voting below the line at the upcoming Federal election, and some who have been a bit unsure about how to go about doing so.  

I thought I would share this handy-dandy link for you all: http://www.belowtheline.org.au/

It helps you to create a printable 'map' of who you want your preferences to go to; something easy that you can take with you to the polling booth and copy out.  Easy-peasy!
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 10 Aug 2010
Wow! Thanks a lot for that! I'll check it out now =)
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
3 10 Aug 2010
Still having a little trouble understanding in which order I should put my preferences, to make the best of it, you know? Just customising my ticket... =) Lol!
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
4 10 Aug 2010
great post! happy
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
5 11 Aug 2010
Thanks so much Ejay, this is exactly what I need.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
6 11 Aug 2010
I'm not old enough to vote yet, but thanks. This will help when I am.
ReplyQuote

7 11 Aug 2010
I've already learnt something...I didn't know the Australian Democrats had an Animal Welfare policy
http://www.democrats.org.au/policies/Action2010/Animal_Welfare_AP.pdf
ReplyQuote

8 11 Aug 2010
Shooters and Fishers Party are a bit scary!
ReplyQuote

Nelly! Nelly! QLD Posts: 237
9 11 Aug 2010
I'm really confused!
ReplyQuote

10 11 Aug 2010
Nelly! said:
I'm really confused!
I used to be too. In fact, I used to donkey vote because it was all too much for me and I didn't understand the preferential voting system, and I didn't want to vote for Labour or Liberal as I perceived both to be liars.

BTW, what is with the major parties campaigns bagging each other rather than promoting themselves?? To me it says, "vote for us, we're a slightly less worse choice."!!!

Nelly, do you need help understanding anything? I reckon Ejay will have the answer to any question you have.  happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au