Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan wine/beer

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

EMAC EMAC VIC Posts: 69
1 15 Aug 2010
I am in the process of going vegan and have been doing some research into vegan wine and beer. I don't want to get caught out drinking anything that has been processed using animal derived products. I have checked the listing on the VNV but does anyone know of some labels that produce vegan wines?

I have read that the following beers are vegan:

Becks
Boags
Coopers
Little Creatures - except for the Pipsqueak Cider

thanks!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 15 Aug 2010
Why isn't L/C Pipsqueak vegan? I'm not a big beer/cider person....

As for vegan wine - I can never remember brands I just look on the bottle... but I *think* Brown Brothers is. There is a big list somewhere that I'm sure someone will post shortly for you happy
ReplyQuote

3 15 Aug 2010
cool thanks

it is listed on the VNV list as:

"All of our beers are vegetarian and vegan friendly. Our Pipsqueak Best Cider is not suitable for vegetarians or vegans because it is fined using isinglass."
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 15 Aug 2010
Ahhh. Fair enough. Good thing I don't like it then haha.
ReplyQuote

5 15 Aug 2010
For sure! haha!
ReplyQuote

concubine concubine VIC Posts: 34
6 15 Aug 2010
there is a printable beer and wine guide here-

http://www.vegsoc.org.au/forum_messages.asp?Thread_ID=11105&Topic_ID=1

hope that helps.

i'm a brown brothers drinker (however not all their wines are vegan) and luckily for my bestie and i, the dolcetto is vegan!
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
7 15 Aug 2010
Ooooh, thanks. This shall be useful in about a years time. >.< Yeah, I'm the sort of goodie two shoes who won't drink until she's 18. tongue
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
8 15 Aug 2010
Little Creatures Pale Ale is all you need happy

But Corona is vegan, so is Jager and pretty much all clear spirits, I'm not sure about any other beer though and I don't drink wine.

There are some ipod/iphone apps you can get such as "Is your wine/beer vegan", pretty helpful and they have a pretty extensive list.
ReplyQuote

tarkine tarkine Iran Posts: 296
9 15 Aug 2010
Maybe have a look at this site:

http://www.barnivore.com/

A lot of the microbrews are vegan - just as importantly, their beer tastes better, travels less (so better for the environment) and supports the local economy, eg. Mountain Goat, Buckleys, 3 Ravens, Holgate, Prickly Moses...
ReplyQuote

10 16 Aug 2010
ah cool thanks guys - I will stick to little creatures and brown brothers.

I just thought if I am going vegan I should do it properly and check out everything I eat/drink

thanks for your help once again!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au