Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Radical Rabbit is on the loose

11 - 16 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Poppy Popstar Poppy Popstar VIC Posts: 37
11 28 Aug 2010
Beanie sounds like a very lucky bunny!!!!  So many lops have serious problems with their teeth (lots of jaw abscesses due to in-family breeding, etc).  I have a lop that has had one tooth removed & now has jaw abscesses on both sides but we maintain it with weekly penicillin injections.  

Wild rabbits are definitely in Queensland!!  The fence has done nothing to keep them out and Queensland have never been wild rabbit free.  

For the general public, currently anyone caught with a pet rabbit in Qld suffers a $30,000 fine and destruction of their pet.  If the govt would broaden their narrow minds and allow desexed, vaccinated and registered pet rabbits, there wouldn't be any problem at all!  I have a petition if anyone would like to sign it - http://www.petitiononline.com/bunny/petition.html

What it normally means for people who move to Qld from other states is the dumping or surrendering of their pet rabbit.  It's a real problem and hard to find homes for buns all the time.  There are some people in Qld who take their buns with them anyway and just have to keep quiet and hope no-one finds out.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
12 28 Aug 2010
RaV3N said:
wild child2 said:
Valkyrie Uruz said:
wild child2 said:
Welcome Radical Rabit!!! I wish I could look after a bunny rabbit at my place! I would spoil it so much! But no rabbits allowed in Queensland sadsadsadsad
Really?! Why?
Have you heard of the rabbit proof fence-

Queensland is the only state to keep an area free of rabbits by maintaining a rabbit-proof fence and controlling rabbit populations in the area. Allowing rabbits to be kept within the area protected by the fence may endanger this rabbit-free status.
But there are rabbits in QLD? I've seen them.... (dead on the side of the road unfortunately)
are you sure they weren't hares? sad
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
13 28 Aug 2010
Radical Rabbit said:
If the govt would broaden their narrow minds and allow desexed, vaccinated and registered pet rabbits, there wouldn't be any problem at all!  I have a petition if anyone would like to sign it - http://www.petitiononline.com/bunny/petition.html
Same goes for myxo vaccination in Australia, doesn't it? It's not permitted to be administered to pet rabbits even if desexed?
ReplyQuote

bitchanca bitchanca VIC Posts: 117
14 28 Aug 2010
great website happy and I joined the facebook group too
are there any more ways to get involved? I already do most of the things on 'take action' page aha

I have had rabbits for years and I always hate seeing them in pet shops sad
a friend of mine recently got one, well her little sisters begged her parents for one, and they know nothing about how to look after him, they didn't even know what breed he was!
I'm looking after him at the moment cause they're overseas (who buys a pet a few weeks before going on a holiday?) and I'm so worried for when he has to go back home.
Bunnies shouldn't be kept in solitary and I just know that once he's grown and looks less cute to the little children, they're going to forget about him!
ReplyQuote

Emmy14 Emmy14 Antarctica Posts: 572
15 12 Sep 2010
Do you have to be vegan to join?
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
16 12 Sep 2010
Emmy_14-Meat stinks! said:
Do you have to be vegan to join?
its about rabbits.. i guess just dont eat rabbits
ReplyQuote

Next >