Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Radical Rabbit is on the loose

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Poppy Popstar Poppy Popstar VIC Posts: 37
1 25 Aug 2010
Hello all animal lovers!!

Over the last few months, Radical Rabbit has formed.  We are a group of passionate vegan bunny lovers who aim to expose the cruel use & abuse of domestic rabbits in Australia.  

We have a new website - http://www.radicalrabbit.org

We have a new blog - http://www.radicalrabbit.blog.com/

We look forward to chatting to other animal lovers on this forum and maybe even meet some of you at the events that we'll be appearing at soon. rabbit
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 25 Aug 2010
Hello and welcome. =) I too am a blogger: http://diaryofagreengirl.blogspot.com/

and several other Unleashed members are. You can find links to their blogs on mine. (I currently cannot be bothered typing them all out. xD)

I hope you love it here as much as we do.
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
3 27 Aug 2010
Yay for Radical Rabbit....you guys are awesome.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
4 27 Aug 2010
Welcome Radical Rabit!!! I wish I could look after a bunny rabbit at my place! I would spoil it so much! But no rabbits allowed in Queensland sadsadsadsad
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
5 27 Aug 2010
wild child2 said:
Welcome Radical Rabit!!! I wish I could look after a bunny rabbit at my place! I would spoil it so much! But no rabbits allowed in Queensland sadsadsadsad
Really?! Why?
ReplyQuote

6 27 Aug 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
wild child2 said:
Really?! Why?
Have you heard of the rabbit proof fence-

Queensland is the only state to keep an area free of rabbits by maintaining a rabbit-proof fence and controlling rabbit populations in the area. Allowing rabbits to be kept within the area protected by the fence may endanger this rabbit-free status.

Keeping rabbits as pets and farm animals in other states can cause problems with biological control agents such as rabbit calicivirus disease which is used to control wild rabbits.

Rabbits are Australia's most destructive agricultural and environmental introduced animal pest, costing between $600 million and $1 billion annually. They cause severe land degradation and soil erosion and threaten the survival of many rare and endangered species of native wildlife. For this reason, keeping rabbits as pets is strongly opposed by many rural landholders and conservationists.

sadsadsadsadsad
ReplyQuote

7 27 Aug 2010
wild child2 said:
Valkyrie Uruz said:
wild child2 said:
Really?! Why?

Queensland is the only state to keep an area free of rabbits by maintaining a rabbit-proof fence and controlling rabbit populations in the area. Allowing rabbits to be kept within the area protected by the fence may endanger this rabbit-free status.

Keeping rabbits as pets and farm animals in other states can cause problems with biological control agents such as rabbit calicivirus disease which is used to control wild rabbits.

Rabbits are Australia's most destructive agricultural and environmental introduced animal pest, costing between $600 million and $1 billion annually. They cause severe land degradation and soil erosion and threaten the survival of many rare and endangered species of native wildlife. For this reason, keeping rabbits as pets is strongly opposed by many rural landholders and conservationists.

sadsadsadsadsad
I would love to see the government enforce a human proof fence- assholes
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
8 27 Aug 2010
Shouldn't be a problem if they are desexed, but hey, some councils are opposed to compulsory desexing of cats, so I hardly think they will introduce the law for pet rabbits!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
9 27 Aug 2010
wild child2 said:
Valkyrie Uruz said:
wild child2 said:
Really?! Why?

But there are rabbits in QLD? I've seen them.... (dead on the side of the road unfortunately)
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
10 27 Aug 2010
My sister and her b/f have a pet bunny, named Beanie, lol! =)
She's absolutely gorgeous. A black lop bunny... though I don't think she's actually a pure-bred as the pet shop owners declared. Yeah, I know pet shops! ARGH! I warned my sister about them... but she didn't listen... and now she and her b/f have spent $600+ on operations for Beanie because she has a genetic problem with her jaw, teeth, etc. Most of her teeth have been pulled, and her jaw was reconstructed =(
I gave her some blueberries today, she LOVES them! Lol! Apparently blueberries can give bunnies diarrhoea, so I won't give her too many. She's totally spoilt!

...And she has her own bedroom in our house, lol! My brother moved out, and Beanie moved in =)
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).