Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Doctors against vegetarian/vegan diets

1 - 10 of 56 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  

Angelaaaaaaaaaaa Angelaaaaaaaaaaa NSW Posts: 15
1 20 Sep 2010
There seems to be such a common misconception that doctors and other health care professionals are against vegetarian/vegan diets. I find this to be utterly untrue as my doctor has always supported and encouraged vegetarian/vegan diets. I also work in the health care industry and have found that most people I've worked with have no negative opinions of vegetarian/vegan diets.
So where does this misconception come from? What have your experiences been with doctors or other health care professionals as a vegetarian/vegan?  

=]
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
2 20 Sep 2010
My doctor has been fantastic. I would almost go so far as to say pleased. I have heard peoples negative experiences but have been fortunate enough not to have had them myself.
ReplyQuote

randz randz QLD Posts: 55
3 20 Sep 2010
well when my iron level was low, doctor asked are you a vegetarian? i said vegan dude. hes like no wonder why you need red meat!
ReplyQuote

Angelaaaaaaaaaaa Angelaaaaaaaaaaa NSW Posts: 15
4 20 Sep 2010
bobbynator said:
well when my iron level was low, doctor asked are you a vegetarian? i said vegan dude. hes like no wonder why you need red meat!
Did he have a rant about the importance of eating dead animals?
ReplyQuote

karenbaby karenbaby ACT Posts: 489
5 20 Sep 2010
My iron levels are low and i told my doctor (when i was vegetarian) that i didnt eat meat and he told me i shouldent be vego because of my iron. I dont think he had a problem with being a vego/vegan i just think he didnt think I should be.
ReplyQuote

carinaforkeeps carinaforkeeps NSW Posts: 484
6 20 Sep 2010
My doctor is vegan.
ReplyQuote

Seyda Seyda VIC Posts: 167
7 20 Sep 2010
so far my doc has always been kind and understanding but i havent gone to her since i became vegan so she doesnt know yet lol im going to go soon though... just didnt find the need to go lately wish me luck happy
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
8 20 Sep 2010
carinaforkeeps said:
My doctor is vegan.
Well, that's cool! My doctor doesn't know. I don't go to the doctors enough for that. I probably should, but my mum has a 'suck it up and take a panadol' policy that we more or less stick to.
ReplyQuote

karenbaby karenbaby ACT Posts: 489
9 20 Sep 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
carinaforkeeps said:
My doctor is vegan.
Well, that's cool! My doctor doesn't know. I don't go to the doctors enough for that. I probably should, but my mum has a 'suck it up and take a panadol' policy that we more or less stick to.
I go by that too. Id be in bed dying,and ill just take a panadol and see what happens LOL
i hate doctors and hospitals. For me they represent problem and fear and dying and not a fun jolly visit D:
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
10 20 Sep 2010
I only see vegetarian/vegan doctors; just call around and ask before visiting.
Not to sound racist but often Indian doctors are more open to vegetarianism/veganism.

We should make a website that lists veg friendly doctors throughout Australia... Hmm...
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au