Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

VEGIE? & I have a confession

1 - 10 of 47 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Emma95 Emma95 VIC Posts: 38
1 21 Sep 2010
should i go vegetarion broccoli for a week just to see wat its like and if i can cope
HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!
megaphone
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
2 21 Sep 2010
Yea, no harm trying it out. Make sure you have fun with it, look up some good recipes and try new foods. It's really great how healthy and varied veg meals are
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
3 21 Sep 2010
Like I said on ur page: YES!!!
But make sure you research it first, so u don't find urself going "WHAT DO I EAT???....Oh, maybe I'll just have a chicken burger"
wave pig
ReplyQuote

4 21 Sep 2010
TofuUnleashed said:
But make sure you research it first, so u don't find urself going "WHAT DO I EAT???....Oh, maybe I'll just have a chicken burger"
wave pig
lol i do noe that as a vegetarion u cnt have a chicken burger
i could always make myself a freid rice.
that quite nice
hey do those pot noodles that r chicken flavoured count as meat eating
coz there isn't actual meat bits in it???
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen United States Posts: 1012
5 21 Sep 2010
Unleashed Admin
Emma95 said:
TofuUnleashed said:
wave pig
that quite nice
I think TofuUnleashed was trying to suggest that you have a stockpile of ideas and recipes ready, so that it's easy to think of what to eat, and you won't be tempted to go back to old habits wink

Some instant noodles are vegetarian (even the ones that are 'chicken' flavoured), but not all are. Some contain actual chicken as 'flavourings' in the ingredients. If you want to be *actually* vegetarian, make sure you read the ingredients list first.

A lot (if not all) of the 'oriental' flavoured instant noodles are veg though!  thumb
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
6 21 Sep 2010
Karen said:
Emma95 said:
TofuUnleashed said:
wave pig
that quite nice
I think TofuUnleashed was trying to suggest that you have a stockpile of ideas and recipes ready, so that it's easy to think of what to eat, and you won't be tempted to go back to old habits wink

Some instant noodles are vegetarian (even the ones that are 'chicken' flavoured), but not all are. Some contain actual chicken as 'flavourings' in the ingredients. If you want to be *actually* vegetarian, make sure you read the ingredients list first.

A lot (if not all) of the 'oriental' flavoured instant noodles are veg though!  thumb
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say...didn't word it very well, sorry! happy
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 21 Sep 2010
Emma95 said:
should i go vegetarion broccoli for a week just to see wat its like and if i can cope
HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!
megaphone
Hey Emma!

I'm sure you will love it and if you care about animals it's one of the best things you can do to help them happy

There's also plenty of "mock" meats out there such as Fry's, Lamyong, Sanitarium, Soyco tofu etc. And most are available at your local supermarket.

www.frys-special.com
www.lamyong.com.au
www.sanitarium.com.au Sanitarium even have a recipe book that you can order for free. The meals are fantastic!

Good luck! broccoli
ReplyQuote

Cailyn Cailyn QLD Posts: 167
8 21 Sep 2010
Yeah thats a great plan or even cutting down on meat until you dont eat it anymore i tried it and loved it so i stuck to it happy i hope you can decide but being vegetarians great much better then eating meat i love it and also knowing the fact that you arnet going to be eating a small animal that did nothing wrong its a great feeling at least give it a go happy  broccoli
ReplyQuote

9 21 Sep 2010
ok i am vegetarion for a week starting... NOW
OMG I WANT MEAT ALREADY nah jks
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
10 21 Sep 2010
Yes! Even try going out and trying veggie alternatives.. Like instead of a beef or chicken kabab, try falafel ecstatic ITS MADE FROM CHICKPEAS! Or a vegie patty burger instead of a meat burger.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au