Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Crossways (melb)

1 - 9 of 9 posts

The Almighty Heatherzilla The Almighty Heatherzilla VIC Posts: 70
1 14 Oct 2010
Has anyone been? I'm going with some friends this weekend. Apparently it's awesomely cheap which is great since I'm a rather broke student. Just wondering if the food is as awesome as the price is.

Also, is there anywhere else in the city that's cheap and vegan friendly? Hoping to do this more often but we're all rather broke.
ReplyQuote

Little_Kitty Little_Kitty United Kingdom Posts: 376
2 14 Oct 2010
i have a $5 all you can eat card for them as im a student to but  have yet to visit.

Also..this place http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/E/V/MELBO/0035/71/03/
I went there last week. Tofu steak = cheap as chips!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 14 Oct 2010
It's good! If you're a student you can get a huge plate of food for like $5, and it's yum, & vegan. The only thing is they give you so much food & I hate wasting it but I can never finish.
ReplyQuote

april-san april-san QLD Posts: 368
4 14 Oct 2010
Is that the Hare Krishna place? When I was in Melbourne with my family on the holidays, we tried to go there for dinner but they were having a function. We went to an Indian place just up the street instead.
ReplyQuote

The Almighty Heatherzilla The Almighty Heatherzilla VIC Posts: 70
5 16 Oct 2010
Went today. It's pretty damn good for $5 even if the atmosphere is a little hippie. I could deffers eat there again. The people I went with weren't all quite as enthusiastic, but they're mainly of the opinion that it isn't food if there's no meat. Was a pretty good day though.

And I totally know what you mean about the plates of food. So so so much food. And you can go back for seconds. Pretty awesome.

And apparently there's another veggie place in the same street that's also fairly cheap. I have to drag the guys out for lunch there too one day. =]
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 17 Oct 2010
i dont like crossways much, i much prefer gopals which is another hare krishna restaraunt a bit up
you get to choose what meal you get from around 10 choices , most are vegan too.

and its not much more expensive

i usually spend around $11 getting a HUGE plate or rice, salad and usually a huge cofta ball
along with a fresh juice and like 4 papadams haha

but i get a few extras so its usually cheaper like $8

Much better(i think)
ReplyQuote

april-san april-san QLD Posts: 368
7 18 Oct 2010
jack said:
i dont like crossways much, i much prefer gopals which is another hare krishna restaraunt a bit up
That's the place I went to! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
8 20 Oct 2010
make sure u dont get there too late its not open all day. i love that place yummy filling food. and gopals is good too. it used to be free!
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
9 20 Oct 2010
Kirrilly said:
It's good! If you're a student you can get a huge plate of food for like $5, and it's yum, & vegan. The only thing is they give you so much food & I hate wasting it but I can never finish.
next time ask for less food i always do that. they really pile it on i can only eat half. once i saw a homeless man eat four plates in a row.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au