Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

is everyone having a good day?

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  


jordannelizabeth jordannelizabeth NSW Posts: 19
1 8 Aug 2009
hey, i just thought id ask how everyone is. happy

its really sunny here. although clouds are threatening to take away the sunshine.
i think im going to go and see Coraline. kiddish i know, but it looks radical with all the clay and such.

whats everyone else going to get up too?
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
2 8 Aug 2009
probably visit my friend, after a bit of a fight we had XD
the weather is noice here, not a cloud in the sky.
enjoy your day everyone xxx
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
3 8 Aug 2009
new plans: making pizza then staying at a mate's place
ReplyQuote

fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me VIC Posts: 376
4 8 Aug 2009
We are currently driving from Shepparton to Melbourne, plan is to be shitfaced by 8, in a cab by 10!! happy woohoo for the weekend!
ReplyQuote

Emily Emily VIC Posts: 66
5 8 Aug 2009
went to the leafleting in melbourne today.... then made cookies. now very very tired  tongue
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
6 8 Aug 2009
Emily said:
went to the leafleting in melbourne today
how was it?
ReplyQuote

Emily Emily VIC Posts: 66
7 8 Aug 2009
Matt.Y said:
Emily said:
went to the leafleting in melbourne today
how was it?
well it was my first.. so i dont really have anything to compare it to, but i had a pretty good time once i had been doing it for a while.
OMG! i got off flinders st station and went around the corner coz my friend wanted to get a veggie pancake and i turned around and saw lord of the fries! id been wanting to try it for ages since you all had been talking about it for ages... so i did  happy
i guess.. it was a little bit overrated but im only vegetarian not vegan.. i can certainly imagine myself eating them a lot when i go vegan  laugh

ooh and then i went to get coffee and then to retrostar. fun fun.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
8 8 Aug 2009
I went to a horse jumps protest today with vegan zombie and vegan reaper ecstatic

and i met karen and jesse for the first time tongue

i brought brownies lol.

it was a pretty good turn out too happy
ReplyQuote

Jamison Jamison VIC Posts: 271
9 8 Aug 2009
Emily said:
went to the leafleting in melbourne today.... then made cookies. now very very tired  tongue
I went leafletting with this chick ^^ happy lol. (I think. were you there for the live exports one?) lol. Was quite good. Roy in his 'polar bear with ram horns' costume which had a lop-sided head. Was pretty fun, comparing it to the alv kfc one, i think the kfc one was more over the top and out there, very youthy, the live export one was more serious, and i felt like just standing there silently to make my statement, instead of shouting. It was a dif atmosphere.

I also ate nuggets from lord of the fries, had a slurpee, met up with my mate james, watched some guy doing contact juggling (the one with the glass balls and you move them around) we also sat on a hill for an hour and listened to some cool trance and house. The train trip home was rather boring, although i did have a blind guy sitting behind me eating realy noisily, even worse it was some sort of meat pastry and it STANK!!! but I did get to see some pretty good looking women on the train... I think i'm in love with a stranger XD lol.

If you want more details: I woke up at 7:00, fell asleep and got woken up at 7 20 by mother yelling at me to have a shower. fell asleep again got woken up again at 7 35 by mother and hopped in shower. Got out at 7 50, made a peanut butter roll, got mum to take me to merinda park station, missed the 8 04 train so waited for the 8 2(i think 9) train, which went to cranbourne, sat on the train and waited at cranbourne for something like 15 minutes. James called so i answered the phone and spoke with him for a good 11 minutes about various things like animal exporting, djing, music, not catching a train (cause he had no money) and such. Caught the train, was fairly boring. Got to flinders street, stood at the top of the steps, james wasn't around so i texted him, was about to call him, ate some peanut butter roll, decided it was cold (i was around the side of the stairs in the shade) after about 10 minutes of waiting for james to turn up i decided to go sit on the steps, and there he was, on the steps around the other side of where i was standing. Went with him and walked to lotf, and then up that road to a bench before the carpark, sat and waited for 5 mins, gave james some sweet williams, went into minotaur where james showed me some shirts and told me about how he wanted a transformers hoodie. Ran out of minotaurs and up the steps to sit back down on the bench, talk for 2-3 mins (it's around 10 08 now) see a lady up across the (small) road, i think she's wearing an animals australia shirt so i go and walk over, say hi, kinda gets akward. James flicks a just jeans card and it flies into the open door of a shop nearby so i tell him to go and pick it up. he comes back and puts it in the bin. Need a new line for next bit:

Roy drives up. (You HAVE to see his car, he's gone and taped veg posters to it. soo cool!) thats where i find out the lady (i'm sorry i've allready forgotton your name lol) who was there was also waiting for roy. (around 10 16 now, roy was 1 min late) we talk to roy for about a minute, then he drives in because theres a car behind his, we wander down, and can't find his car, so we shout out ROY! and he says 'down here' we find him on the lower level of the car park.

We go to roy's car and discuss which signs and posters we're going to take. We decide on taking three placards (i think thats what they're called... they're posters on sticks) and some big posters that we can stick up. Roy gets 'sheeped up' by the lady (whos name i've forgotton. i apologise lol) we wander back up with the tv-backpack, three placards, bags of leaflettes and a sheep-roy. we wander down to the place we're going to leaflette, sheep-roy is holding a sign and getting weird looks. i can't hellp but laugh at the fact that people are actually paying attention to a gigantic sheep, when they don't care when people are holding signs with pictures of dead animals (the thought of a man-sheep is also quite funny and cool) We set up outside david jones, david jones people come out and ask us to move because people think we're against them. Some cancer people have taken the spot that aa normally takes, so we move back away from david jones, but then decide to move to the end of the street. (approx 10 45) James and I go to the corner, then others follow with a table and big signs about 5 mins later.


I cbf writing anymore, but i'll be sure to write more later happy
ReplyQuote

Emily Emily VIC Posts: 66
10 8 Aug 2009
Jamison said:
Emily said:
went to the leafleting in melbourne today.... then made cookies. now very very tired  tongue
I went leafletting with this chick ^^ happy lol. (I think. were you there for the live exports one?) lol. Was quite good. Roy in his 'polar bear with ram horns' costume which had a lop-sided head. Was pretty fun, comparing it to the alv kfc one, i think the kfc one was more over the top and out there, very youthy, the live export one was more serious, and i felt like just standing there silently to make my statement, instead of shouting. It was a dif atmosphere.

I also ate nuggets from lord of the fries, had a slurpee, met up with my mate james, watched some guy doing contact juggling (the one with the glass balls and you move them around) we also sat on a hill for an hour and listened to some cool trance and house. The train trip home was rather boring, although i did have a blind guy sitting behind me eating realy noisily, even worse it was some sort of meat pastry and it STANK!!! but I did get to see some pretty good looking women on the train... I think i'm in love with a stranger XD lol.

If you want more details: I woke up at 7:00, fell asleep and got woken up at 7 20 by mother yelling at me to have a shower. fell asleep again got woken up again at 7 35 by mother and hopped in shower. Got out at 7 50, made a peanut butter roll, got mum to take me to merinda park station, missed the 8 04 train so waited for the 8 2(i think 9) train, which went to cranbourne, sat on the train and waited at cranbourne for something like 15 minutes. James called so i answered the phone and spoke with him for a good 11 minutes about various things like animal exporting, djing, music, not catching a train (cause he had no money) and such. Caught the train, was fairly boring. Got to flinders street, stood at the top of the steps, james wasn't around so i texted him, was about to call him, ate some peanut butter roll, decided it was cold (i was around the side of the stairs in the shade) after about 10 minutes of waiting for james to turn up i decided to go sit on the steps, and there he was, on the steps around the other side of where i was standing. Went with him and walked to lotf, and then up that road to a bench before the carpark, sat and waited for 5 mins, gave james some sweet williams, went into minotaur where james showed me some shirts and told me about how he wanted a transformers hoodie. Ran out of minotaurs and up the steps to sit back down on the bench, talk for 2-3 mins (it's around 10 08 now) see a lady up across the (small) road, i think she's wearing an animals australia shirt so i go and walk over, say hi, kinda gets akward. James flicks a just jeans card and it flies into the open door of a shop nearby so i tell him to go and pick it up. he comes back and puts it in the bin. Need a new line for next bit:

Roy drives up. (You HAVE to see his car, he's gone and taped veg posters to it. soo cool!) thats where i find out the lady (i'm sorry i've allready forgotton your name lol) who was there was also waiting for roy. (around 10 16 now, roy was 1 min late) we talk to roy for about a minute, then he drives in because theres a car behind his, we wander down, and can't find his car, so we shout out ROY! and he says 'down here' we find him on the lower level of the car park.

We go to roy's car and discuss which signs and posters we're going to take. We decide on taking three placards (i think thats what they're called... they're posters on sticks) and some big posters that we can stick up. Roy gets 'sheeped up' by the lady (whos name i've forgotton. i apologise lol) we wander back up with the tv-backpack, three placards, bags of leaflettes and a sheep-roy. we wander down to the place we're going to leaflette, sheep-roy is holding a sign and getting weird looks. i can't hellp but laugh at the fact that people are actually paying attention to a gigantic sheep, when they don't care when people are holding signs with pictures of dead animals (the thought of a man-sheep is also quite funny and cool) We set up outside david jones, david jones people come out and ask us to move because people think we're against them. Some cancer people have taken the spot that aa normally takes, so we move back away from david jones, but then decide to move to the end of the street. (approx 10 45) James and I go to the corner, then others follow with a table and big signs about 5 mins later.


I cbf writing anymore, but i'll be sure to write more later happy
haha awesome story. i would write about my entire day but i cant be bothered... maybe tomorrow if i have nothing to do.

yep that was me! roy told me to go talk to you, but i was pretty determined to go home and make cookies lol. lucky i did leave when i did coz i was right on time for the train.. but grr they made us get off and STAND on a bus, not happy!
but it was definitely a day to remember  happy
made a pudding as well tonight yummmm.
and now im VERY sick! ahh well

write more tomorrow perhaps. xxxxxxxx
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au