Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Hi all!

Newbie here :)

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Jimmie Jimmie VIC Posts: 20
1 1 Dec 2010
Hi guys and gals,

I am new here, got recommended by a friend a while back!

Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself, I got the questions from the old thread to answer:

1. Where are you from?

Brunswick, Melbourne.

2. How did you find Unleashed?

Recommended whilst drunk ecstatic

3. Cake, or candy?

Cake and Baclava!

4. What are you wearing?

Firefox track jacket

5. Rain, hail, or shine?

Shine!

6. What are you listening to right now?

Drilling in my office.. :/

7. Anything else you want to add!

I am a vego, looking to go vegan next year but my lovely girlfriend that does all the cooking is a meat eater so this is going to be awkward, here to look in to becoming more self sufficient so that my diet doesn't impact on my galpal too much.

monkey
ReplyQuote

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
2 1 Dec 2010
Hi Jimmie

I like the monkey. So your girlfriend won't give up meat? Neither will my boyfriend. But around me he hardly eats meat because I make all the meals. He doesn't have a problem with that.

I like to inform him of what he's buying into. He sees it as me having a go at him though.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
3 1 Dec 2010
Welcome to AAU Jimmie! happy

My new bf eats meat but happily eats vegan when with me. Don't think it'll be far off until he goes veg... Tee hee..  innocent
ReplyQuote

4 1 Dec 2010
StephyA said:
Hi Jimmie

I like the monkey. So your girlfriend won't give up meat? Neither will my boyfriend. But around me he hardly eats meat because I make all the meals. He doesn't have a problem with that.

I like to inform him of what he's buying into. He sees it as me having a go at him though.
She doesn't eat meat at home, only when we are out, even then not too much. She doesn't like the label vegetarian apparently.

She always thinks I am having a go, I jst want to be informed about the products we buy and I want her to know too!

ethical shopping guide ftw.
ReplyQuote

5 1 Dec 2010
ckimana said:
Welcome to AAU Jimmie! happy

My new bf eats meat but happily eats vegan when with me. Don't think it'll be far off until he goes veg... Tee hee..  innocent
Thanks ckimana!

My girl does most (read: 99.99%) of the cooking, she already does vego for me but I don't want to push it, I am just going to make myself more independent and then it won't be a big deal!
ReplyQuote

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
6 1 Dec 2010
I am finding that making him meat free food probably works better then informing him of the cruel meat trade. He loves everything I make him so maybe the sayings true. The way to a man's vego heart is through his stomach. Lol.
ReplyQuote

7 1 Dec 2010
That's the way StephyA!

Loxy loves all the vego food we're trying and she is making at home. Made veggie tacos last night that were mind blowing! Coud've been vegan too, but I used the vego cheese instead of the vegan stuff... hehehe

broccoli
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au