Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Animal Testing in Cosmetic Products

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Amysass7 Amysass7 QLD Posts: 2
1 30 Jan 2011
Hey Everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for a couple of weeks now and I haven't really made any posts but I thought I'd introduce myself and a few other things.

Firstly - my name is Amy, I'm 20 years old * almost 21 * and I have been a vegetarian for 6 years and I have adapted a vegan diet for the past 3 weeks and loving it!

I currently work as a Makeup Artist and I'm looking into and reading up about vegan alternatives and all the nasties in conventional/mainstream products - I know it's a long shot but I'd love to one day become a *as cruelty free as possible* makeup artist - think that would be cool, send a good message and in general get people thinking and ask questions - whilst I do their makeup happy

Anyway I actually have a Makeup & Beauty Channel on Youtube and I recently did a video on Animal testing and found that Unleashed's info was the best out there, so big props for all the great info.

Here is the video - I tried to make it as relatable and as informative/fun as possible and so far I have had a pretty positive response from my viewers. I figure I have an audience and may as well speak about the stuff that matters to me most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDN_6gaqnE

I know this whole makeup thread might not be of interest to everyone out there, but I know it is for a lot of young people so I think it's important for people to understand the realities of animal testing and the effect they have by supporting companies that do.
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 30 Jan 2011
I think that is so great! Congrats on wanting to make a change in the make-up industry happy I will definitely check out your youtube video, can't right now because of the tennis, lol!

BTW, you are gorgeous!
ReplyQuote

3 30 Jan 2011
Great video! I've just shared it on FB. Hope you get a greater following and that the message is getting through to people happy
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
4 30 Jan 2011
Welcome and I agree! You are gorgeous!

Thats excellent about the make-up, its slowly becoming a bit more mainstream with makeup brands and that makes me happy.

I myself buy Face of Australia as its cheaper than Inoxia and anothers.

What would you say is the best brand?
ReplyQuote

5 30 Jan 2011
ZoolNerd said:
Welcome and I agree! You are gorgeous!

Thats excellent about the make-up, its slowly becoming a bit more mainstream with makeup brands and that makes me happy.

I myself buy Face of Australia as its cheaper than Inoxia and anothers.

What would you say is the best brand?
I just bought some Manic Panic http://www.manicpaniccollection.com/

Can't wait until it arrives happy
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
6 30 Jan 2011
Well I use Inika Cosmetics, so I don't need to think about Animal Testing happy
If I get anything else it's usually from a vegan shop or health food shop, where nothing is tested on animals anyway.
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
7 30 Jan 2011
Jordan.- said:
Well I use Inika Cosmetics, so I don't need to think about Animal Testing happy
If I get anything else it's usually from a vegan shop or health food shop, where nothing is tested on animals anyway.
A vegan shop? I can only dream!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au