Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Dinner Party Ideas

1 - 9 of 9 posts

elelovespanic elelovespanic VIC Posts: 6
1 22 Feb 2011
Okay so I'm attending a little dinner party on Friday night with a bunch of my vegetarian friends and we all need to take a plate each. Any ideas on what I should make?
Thanks! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 22 Feb 2011
You could make lasagne happy You just need to replace the mince meat part with vegies or Sanitarium or Quorn mince, and the cheese depending on whether you want it vegan or vegetarian. Here's some more ideas: http://www.unleashed.org.au/change_the_world/go_veg/vegan_recipes.php

Fancy fruit salad is always a winner too.

P.S. I think I've seen your username pop up on Tumblr every now and then? I just noticed, I think we have a mutual follower, hah.Unless I'm imagining it. Good luck with the dinner party!
ReplyQuote

prettypoodlexx prettypoodlexx SA Posts: 125
3 22 Feb 2011
Kirrilly said:
You could make lasagne happy You just need to replace the mince meat part with vegies or Sanitarium or Quorn mince, and the cheese depending on whether you want it vegan or vegetarian. Here's some more ideas: http://www.unleashed.org.au/change_the_world/go_veg/vegan_recipes.php

P.S. I think I've seen your username pop up on Tumblr every now and then? I just noticed, I think we have a mutual follower, hah.Unless I'm imagining it. Good luck with the dinner party!
you just gave me the BEST fruit salad idea!
why not make little fruit salad kebabs! with like coconut cream and passion fruit dipping sauce!

skewer the fruit on kebab stick and mix coconut cream and passion fruit pulp in a bowl together for sauce! trala! maybe even a few fresh mint leaves on the dipping sauce as a garnish!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
4 22 Feb 2011
prettypoodlexx said:
Kirrilly said:

why not make little fruit salad kebabs! with like coconut cream and passion fruit dipping sauce!

skewer the fruit on kebab stick and mix coconut cream and passion fruit pulp in a bowl together for sauce! trala! maybe even a few fresh mint leaves on the dipping sauce as a garnish!
Oh my gosh teamwork. That sounds incredible! Haha tongue Oh yum.
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
5 22 Feb 2011
puff pastry stuff is always good.
or curry patties/puffs
make small easy to eat things so people can sample allot of other plates.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
6 22 Feb 2011
I'm going to be boring and once again put forward Miss Monster's vegan sausage rolls!! They have always gone down excellently with my veg and non veg friends and they are delish and can be cut in to lots of small pieces.

Otherwise you could bring a little mix veggie platter of spring rolls and curry puffs maybe.

That fruit salad kebab idea was awesome happy
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
7 22 Feb 2011
Bruschetta! It is the bomb diggity!
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
8 22 Feb 2011
EarthDefender said:
Bruschetta! It is the bomb diggity!
If it's just going to be vegetarian there is a world of options out there...though making a vegan dish would be more impressivewink
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
9 23 Feb 2011
prettypoodlexx said:

Omg that sounds so yum!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au