Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Jesus was a vegan!

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

DM DM Ukraine Posts: 1
1 2 Mar 2011
Here are the links with reak teaching of Jesus http://www.thenazareneway.com/ght_section_4_lections_31_thru_40.htm (38, 38, 29 chapters)
http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace1.html
Jesus was a rawfoodist and never ate fish as the Bible says!!!
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
2 2 Mar 2011
gotta love the bible
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
3 2 Mar 2011
First: Jesus (probably)* wasn't a real person.  There is absolutely no archaeological or other literary evidence outside the gospels that indicate that he existed.
Second: We have already covered the fact that the gospels are contradictory - in fact I can off the top of my head think of at least one Biblical story in which Jesus not only eats fish but recommends the consumption of fish.
Third: Are these real gospels?  Canonised or non-canonised?  The actual references on the page do not correspond to proper Biblical abbreviated or non-abbreviated references.
Fourth: In the area that Jesus would have lived and at the time he would have lived, I'm telling you, it would have been practically impossible to be vegan.  Nor would anyone even consider eschewing animal products.  The world then is not like the world today.

Finally: Whether or not Jesus was a vegan has no bearing on current-day veganism.

*I say probably because, as we know, a lack of evidence isn't the same as no evidence.
ReplyQuote

Chewie Chewie NSW Posts: 521
4 3 Mar 2011
I'm inclined to believe there was a historical man named Jesus of Nazareth... But everything else is bull.
ReplyQuote

Chewie Chewie NSW Posts: 521
5 3 Mar 2011
EJay said:
Fourth: In the area that Jesus would have lived and at the time he would have lived, I'm telling you, it would have been practically impossible to be vegan.  Nor would anyone even consider eschewing animal products.  The world then is not like the world today.
Agreed - practically impossible indeed!

And you're right EJay - these 'gospels' are not gospels at all, but they are actually fraudulent and relatively modern.
ReplyQuote

JMort JMort VIC Posts: 248
6 3 Mar 2011
Well that isn't strictly true either. There are instances of vegetarianism dating back to then and beyond. Perhaps 100% veganism (in terms of products, not food) would be a little trickier but I wouldn't even think about saying it would be impossible or unheard of or even close to it.
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
7 3 Mar 2011
JMort said:
Well that isn't strictly true either. There are instances of vegetarianism dating back to then and beyond. Perhaps 100% veganism (in terms of products, not food) would be a little trickier but I wouldn't even think about saying it would be impossible or unheard of or even close to it.
Yes, of course there are instances of vegetarianism.*  

Veganism?  No.  

And, with the academic background that I have I feel quite confident in saying that it would be practically impossible, and pretty much unheard of.

*Also, whether these people today would fall under the banner of what it means to be veg*n is another story entirely.  The majority of 'vegetarian' factions were so because they felt that meat polluted their bodies.  Personally, I'm not sure how well that idea would go down with veg*ns today.
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
8 3 Mar 2011
I don't believe in any religion expect from the natural cycle of nature itself.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
9 4 Mar 2011
Gah.
People twist the bible to make it say whatever they want it to!

God condoned the use of human slaves and people try & twist the bibles scriptures to align them with their modern moral statutes.

It's sh*t.
ReplyQuote

JMort JMort VIC Posts: 248
10 4 Mar 2011
EJay said:
JMort said:
Yes, of course there are instances of vegetarianism.*  

Veganism?  No.  

And, with the academic background that I have I feel quite confident in saying that it would be practically impossible, and pretty much unheard of.

*Also, whether these people today would fall under the banner of what it means to be veg*n is another story entirely.  The majority of 'vegetarian' factions were so because they felt that meat polluted their bodies.  Personally, I'm not sure how well that idea would go down with veg*ns today.
Well to save a debate over what is essentially a nothing point, we'll just agree to disagree on the possibility.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au