Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

The Age - Epicure, Veg Issue

Insert crass language here

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
1 8 Mar 2011
The age's epicure section was a vegetarian issue today and I picked it up eagerly to read.

The feature article is about a former vegetarian who describes her vegetarian self as 'annoying' and talks about mince meat being the vegetarian's downfall. The restaurant feature is a few good words among a list of famous chefs who denounce vegetarian cooking and one who receives applause for stating he 'doesn't serve vegetarians.'

and the 'vegetarian issue' is merely a three and a half page section.

I'm furious.
ReplyQuote

Ron Ron NSW Posts: 233
2 8 Mar 2011
Found the article online and helps confirm my decision not to buy 'newspapers' any more was the right one.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/to-abstinence-and-back-20110307-1bkvv.html
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 8 Mar 2011
I couldn't read it all. I was getting too pissed off. If a vegetarian can't resist the temptation of rotting animal flesh, then I don't think they were a vegetarian to begin with.

That author also sucks at writing. I found it very difficult to follow, she kept changing the topic.
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
4 8 Mar 2011
Thanks for letting us know how horrible it was, I was conisdering buying it later today, guess I wont now!
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
5 8 Mar 2011
wow. Just because she was  failure at being vegetarian doesn't mean she needs to blacklist the rest of them. beeee-atch
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
6 8 Mar 2011
The little cow sign in the picture is saying "I'm juicy". That's not sick at all... :/
ReplyQuote

7 8 Mar 2011
Kirrilly said:
The little cow sign in the picture is saying "I'm juicy". That's not sick at all... :/
I thought it was some fancy name for the dish. ashamed2
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
8 8 Mar 2011
"Vegetarians usually spout 3 justifications for their choice. Moral, health and environmental. All 3 are misguided or wrong.
Moral - ALL food involves killing other animals in some way. Land must be cleared for agriculture after all.
Health - Humans spent millions of years evolving as a meat eater. We are designed to eat it. Grains however, we did not - and that is why we are so fat as a nation and culture.
Environmental - Agriculture is the biggest environmental destructor. Aussie beef is way more green than foreign soy."

Oh lawdy.. I have to stop reading these comments or I'll be tempted to start something, haha.
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
9 8 Mar 2011
Kirrilly said:
Health - Humans spent millions of years evolving as a meat eater. We are designed to eat it. Grains however, we did not - and that is why we are so fat as a nation and culture.
awdy.. I have to stop reading these comments or I'll be tempted to start something, haha.
HA HA is all I have to say.. misguided or what. some people..
ReplyQuote

10 8 Mar 2011
Kirrilly said:
"Vegetarians usually spout 3 justifications for their choice. Moral, health and environmental. All 3 are misguided or wrong.
Moral - ALL food involves killing other animals in some way. Land must be cleared for agriculture after all.
Environmental - Agriculture is the biggest environmental destructor. Aussie beef is way more green than foreign soy."

Oh lawdy.. I have to stop reading these comments or I'll be tempted to start something, haha.
Who ever said that is right.

Which is why I'm going to pull out the parsley in my garden, when I cleared the weeds to plant it I probably killed some kind of microscopic insects.

I better start eating meat soon too, my carnivorous teeth should becoming through any day now. Seeing as we've evolved past those dodgy herbivore teeth...

Sure eating meat contributes to environmental destruction, but so does agriculture! There's the perfect excuse for me to eat meat and veggies! If I can't fix one, I won't fix either!

(Sorry I couldn't help myself. laugh )
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au