Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

A close call

1 - 8 of 8 posts

V V SA Posts: 248
1 26 Mar 2011
A close call today when i was driving along a road, there was a little bird sitting upright in the middle of the road i honked my horn as i normally do to get them to move, it didn't move, i couldn't swerve around it because there was another car on the other side of the road, had to drive over the top of it, went straight through the middle of my car and came out of the other side, that must of scared it because it ran to the side of the road after that.

That's probably the closest i have ever came to hitting something on the road.

Anyone had anything similar happen?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 26 Mar 2011
Yeah, my mum seems to have this love for willie wag tails. As some of you may know, willies are like little evil knevils, they are little daredevils! They swerve in and out of cars, they muck around on the road, ect. One day there were two willies on the road, and my mum was driving the car, saying "Willies, move!" but they wouldn't move, and she had to swerve a little bit to avoid hitting them! Crazy birdies!
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
3 26 Mar 2011
I frequently swerve to avoid birds who fly directly at my car.
I swear, birds are suicidal.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 27 Mar 2011
emileee said:
I frequently swerve to avoid birds who fly directly at my car.
I swear, birds are suicidal.
Yes, I definitely agree with you there!
ReplyQuote

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
5 27 Mar 2011
I saw something in the middle of the road once and before it even registered to me i went straight over it (with it going between the wheels). I quickly pulled over because i was curious to see what it was.. and saw it was a long necked turtle!

I saw a car coming down the street, ( i thought oh no this car could run it over), so i ran across the road grabbed it and ran off the road again, phew!

The turtle was fine  thumb , i let it go further inland near the creek, hope it dosnt head for the road again!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
6 27 Mar 2011
Ah i'm learning to drive and i'm always slowing down lol when i go near cars! I wish birds would just stop going on roads sad
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
7 27 Mar 2011
we drove over the top of a pigeon the other day. it just kept picking at the ground, wasn't even phased. we honked at it and drove slow but it just wouldn't move.
ReplyQuote

ecochick ecochick SA Posts: 214
8 28 Mar 2011
Unfortunatley some of our close calls sometimes aren't so close. especially with galahs, they fly eradically as to escape from predators but get a nasty shock when a car bumps ito them (at 80km/h!) but most of the time they manage to get out of the way. theres bit of roadkill around out area sad
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au