Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cow hits head in Domain Tunnel

1 - 9 of 9 posts

LaurenVegan LaurenVegan VIC Posts: 37
1 5 Apr 2011
Did anyone see this on the news?? I didn't know they could hang out the top like that!

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-generic-blog/cow-hits-head-in-domain-tunnel/20110405-1d0zg.html
ReplyQuote

Jacqui T Jacqui T NSW Posts: 796
2 5 Apr 2011
Well thats certainly something they need to fix!!
I assume the cow got distressed or scared and tried to flee, may have broken the wood at the top. Poor thing, its bad enough that its in that truck, I hate seeing them go past.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
3 5 Apr 2011
I hate seeing the livestock trucks. The smell is horrible, because who knows how long they've been like that for. And thats so terrible. The truck drivers do not give a shit at all, they have no emotion towards it, they're so used to it.
I used to work in a Deli- and everytime I was cutting meat I used to think to myself "i might aswell just go up to a pig and put an ax to it's throat" i wasnt a vegeterian at that point, but it definately helped me turn into one. I worked with 3 vegeterians and i have no idea how they did it...

My partner is a truck driver by trade, and he's been offered live stock jobs- but he's vowed never to condone it, he is so against it. No matter how much money they offered him, he could never do it. He doesn't even drive trucks that have logs on them
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 6 Apr 2011
Poor cow sad  cow wave
ReplyQuote

5 6 Apr 2011
Yeah I didn't even know that could happen but to be honest I've never seen any real form of 'roof' on them, just a few bars.  I cringe every time they go past and it doesn't help living in farming country!
ReplyQuote

ErinK ErinK NSW Posts: 2
6 6 Apr 2011
that poor poor cow!!! sad

what makes me soooo angry is the comments underneath the story
i really really hate some people sad
ReplyQuote

7 6 Apr 2011
ErinK said:
that poor poor cow!!! sad

what makes me soooo angry is the comments underneath the story
i really really hate some people sad
Oh I didn't even see the comments! God some people are insensitive idiots, makes me so mad!!
ReplyQuote

hayley2 hayley2 VIC Posts: 208
8 7 Apr 2011
Only some trucks have covered roofs at the top, this one obviously didn't. I read the statement made by the livestock transport company. They said that it is known to all drivers that they are not to go through tunnels if the truck does not have a covered top. This is because this is not the first time an incident like this has happened. A few years ago a cows head was cut off going through this same tunnel.

Its disgusting the drivers continue to go through the tunnel injuring animals. There should be consequences for their actions
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
9 7 Apr 2011
LaurenVegan said:
Yeah I didn't even know that could happen but to be honest I've never seen any real form of 'roof' on them, just a few bars.  I cringe every time they go past and it doesn't help living in farming country!
its horrible, every time i see a cattle truck i get a horrible feeling in my stomach becouse i know were they are off to. if u see trucks heading out of town there is only one place they are going wingham beef exports cry .

this is what i hate about living in a beef farming area. i no how u feel  bye
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au