Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

hens&roosters&eggs

eggs

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

piglover piglover NSW Posts: 29
1 12 Apr 2011
i think that hens and roosters should be set free and be free range not caged. it physical and mentally harms them. it also stresses them out. i only buy free range eggs and so should everyone else. pig
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
2 12 Apr 2011
i'd rather buy none. free range hens are still sent to slaughter when they are no longer producing as many eggs (about 18 months). they're still treated like machines and when they're no longer economically viable they're tossed aside. plus even buying free range all the male day old chicks are still either tossed in the bin, gassed or ground up alive.

3 12 Apr 2011
good point i think we should start our own farm for animals and make sure they get treated they way they should. pig
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 12 Apr 2011
Free range means 10 chickens per square metre doesn't it? So, 'free range' can be misleading...
ReplyQuote

LaurenVegan LaurenVegan VIC Posts: 37
5 12 Apr 2011
Better yet don't buy any wink
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
6 12 Apr 2011
But sometimes Free range eggs aren't much better. A lot of them are let out for 30mins to an hr each day, and then locked up inside a shed, where they are all stuffed together. And even free range chickens that are only kept in sheds at night are still kept in crowed conditions. And male chicks still die, and so do hens when they are "useless"

I really want to keep my own chickens. But rescue them. So, if they lay eggs, I eat them, and if they don't, they can just run around eating bugs, pooping, and whatever else they feel like doing!  chick
ReplyQuote

7 12 Apr 2011
that is also true. but its better than caged eggs. if i had a choice i would buy a chicken and treated it the way it should be.
ReplyQuote

8 12 Apr 2011
im with you pig
ReplyQuote

Courtney_1 Courtney_1 VIC Posts: 335
9 12 Apr 2011
Well, if someone has no option by say their parents and they have to continue to eat eggs, then free range would be better than caged eggs, but in the end of it all, none of those ways are good and kind to the animals. They're still confined and sent off to slaughter at the end of it.
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
10 12 Apr 2011
Courtney_1 said:
Well, if someone has no option by say their parents and they have to continue to eat eggs, then free range would be better than caged eggs, but in the end of it all, none of those ways are good and kind to the animals. They're still confined and sent off to slaughter at the end of it.
You could just not eat the eggs though. Just because something is there does not mean you have to consume it. If someone's parents buy eggs and the person does not egg them, then the eggs are being replaced less often which means that there is less of a demand for the eggs.

It doesn't matter how many boxes of egg replacer you cram into a small area.  wink
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au