Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

frustration

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

piglover piglover NSW Posts: 29
1 13 Apr 2011
i get so frustrated when i talk about helping animals and someone else's says that people are more important. well i say were the same. just because humans are talked about more and valued doesn't mean that the animals are useless and unwanted. my friend and i had an argument and i told her that i was going to raise money for animals (which i did) but she argued and said humans need it more than animals. i told her that animals still need it to find homes and to get looked after. but she doesn't care. i was so frustrated.

pig
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
2 13 Apr 2011
piglover said:
i get so frustrated when i talk about helping animals and someone else's says that people are more important. well i say were the same. just because humans are talked about more and valued doesn't mean that the animals are useless and unwanted. my friend and i had an argument and i told her that i was going to raise money for animals (which i did) but she argued and said humans need it more than animals. i told her that animals still need it to find homes and to get looked after. but she doesn't care. i was so frustrated.

pig
That's true. Many people are in just as bad conditions as poorly treated animals. It's just a personal opinion. So I really wouldn't bother arguing with someone who doesnt want to see your side. I notice on your profile tht you still eat meat. The best thing you can do for the animals is to stop eating meat and set a good example for others.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
3 13 Apr 2011
I totally agree. Humans get it in their head that the world revolves around us, and we are more important. But as we are humans, we can also think about others and the way they are treated, not just ourselves.

Anyway, how many animal charities are there? Hardly as much as human charities, and wouldn't animals need it more (I'm meaning in places like America and Australia, China, ect, the countries that aren't hungry and starving sad ) when they are treated like mindless machines?

I remember when I was talking to my Pa (the Bishop of his church) and I said that so and so greyhound pups get killed every year cause their not fast enough to race. And you know what he said?

"Well, humans are more important"

He didn't even say anything like, aww thats sad, or whatever. I think its annoying when people go on that they are better than animals, but then we look around ourselves, all the starving humans, all the wrecked and burning rain forests, animals and humans dead, animals in pain, drugs, beer, cigarettes, global warming, lies, and you wonder, are we really more important than innocent creatures, when we (not meaning us on unleashed, we're totally innocent  tongue ) caused all this havoc and destruction.

Yeah, I totally agree with you!
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
4 13 Apr 2011
I kind of get that too. While I do value people more than animals because they are my own species, animals aren't far behind.

it's just the way it is...some people are "animal people" and the plight of animals really strikes a chord with these people, and like wise child poverty with others.

personally I know I should helping people should be  a priority but honestly I care more about animals. I beleive that people were put on this earth with different personalities and strengths and the capability to be better for different causes. If everyone fought for one major cause then the rest would suffer, so it's kind of balanced.

Just keep fighting for the cause that's right in your heart.

also telling your friend that we are equal with animals probably won't help them understand.. to alot of people that idea is crazy
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
5 13 Apr 2011
piglover said:

pig
What i'd say to that is, a)humans are animals too and b) if you compared the number of charities for humans compared to non-human animals the number for non-human animals would be dwarfed so you're just trying to even it out
ReplyQuote

Tangled.legs Tangled.legs VIC Posts: 39
6 13 Apr 2011
A live in a house with 3 boys who are meat eaters
one of the boys girlfriends is vegan like me and the boys
always try to fights us about our opinions and theres
it's pointless how defensive people get about how meat needs to be in your diet and how humans are soooo important.
ReplyQuote

Britti Britti QLD Posts: 24
7 13 Apr 2011
piglover said:

pig
The fact is, the money the government uses, that could be going towards starving people, is instead going towards killing animals to make the meat they eat and put another dollar in their pocket. It has also been proven that diseases are not always genetic or whatever crap they tell us, it has alot yo do with the animal products consumed. In fact a plant based diet has been priven to reverse the damage done. So really, there is no need for animal cruelty.  Humans suck in my opinion lol they'll tell you anything for a dime.
ReplyQuote

psychokitten psychokitten QLD Posts: 340
8 13 Apr 2011
piglover said:

pig
You've got to learn to pick your battles, otherwise you'll make yourself sick. Only talk about it in appropriate places and times.

If you go around broadcasting things like that you have to be prepared to argue and fight it.

It's great you're passionate but don't bother explaining yourself a million times to people who don't want to understand.

Think about your mental health before getting into a situation you have to argue your way out of.
ReplyQuote

Bring Jess the Horizon Bring Jess the Horizon WA Posts: 60
9 13 Apr 2011
I tend to just give up on close-minded people. Some people have their opinions and just simply won't accept/listen to others. I suppose they need to find things out their own way.

Just as long as we all spend time helping less fortunate people as well as animals. Every life is important, no matter what species. No harm in activism for both (:
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
10 14 Apr 2011
Isn't it strange how just by being vegan people take offense to you? I understand by choosing an alternative to the life that they've chosen can make people defensive but I must say I am mighty sick of hearing comments like:

'What about the roadtoll? What are you doing about that?"

or

"If you want a real problem, why do you head on down to the live export ships?"

Seriously, they are both major issues that need addressing but I am doing something about THIS particular thing, why don't YOU go and do something about THAT particular thing instead of trying to bring people down.

ARGH. It makes me so angry so I get your frustrations.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au