Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Natural Temptation Earth Burgers!

A delicious and healthy alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Bring Jess the Horizon Bring Jess the Horizon WA Posts: 60
1 13 Apr 2011
There's this amazing cafe in Bunbury with primarily vegetarian food. Every time I go there I get the Earth Burger. I just bought the recipe book and thought I'd share it for those who can't get there!

Ingredients:
6 large carrots
2 potatoes
2 cups cooked brown rice
250ml Tahini
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon vegetable salt
3 cups freshly made whole-wheat breadcrumbs
(To roll patties inhappy
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup fine whole-wheat breadcrumbs
Olive oil

Method:
1. Coarsely grate carrot & potatoe. Cook until just soft. Drain and set aside to cool.

2. Add rice, tahini and spices. Mix through.

3. Add breadcrumbs and mix. The mixture should be reasonably stiff so that the patties hold together without crumbling.

4. Roll patties into hand sized balls, roll them in breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. Cook them in a little oil until both sides are golden brown.

Put them in a whole-wheat bun with vegan tomato sauce, soy mayonnaise, lettuce, soy cheese, tomato, cucumber carrot and alfalfa. So good!

naturaltemptation.com.au
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 13 Apr 2011
Sounds yumo!
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
3 13 Apr 2011
These sound amazing! I'm going to try them tomorrow night happy
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 13 Apr 2011
Yummmy! I think that is on the to-make list!
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
5 13 Apr 2011
Bring Jess the Horizon said:
There's this amazing cafe in Bunbury with primarily vegetarian food. Every time I go there I get the Earth Burger. I just bought the recipe book and thought I'd share it for those who can't get there!

Ingredients:
6 large carrots
2 potatoes
2 cups cooked brown rice
250ml Tahini
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon vegetable salt
3 cups freshly made whole-wheat breadcrumbs
(To roll patties inhappy
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup fine whole-wheat breadcrumbs
Olive oil

Method:
1. Coarsely grate carrot & potatoe. Cook until just soft. Drain and set aside to cool.

2. Add rice, tahini and spices. Mix through.

3. Add breadcrumbs and mix. The mixture should be reasonably stiff so that the patties hold together without crumbling.

4. Roll patties into hand sized balls, roll them in breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. Cook them in a little oil until both sides are golden brown.

Put them in a whole-wheat bun with vegan tomato sauce, soy mayonnaise, lettuce, soy cheese, tomato, cucumber carrot and alfalfa. So good!

naturaltemptation.com.au
YUM! Thanks for sharing this. It sounds great.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au