Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What are your '9 meals'?

Or do you have more or less?

11 - 20 of 39 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
11 24 Apr 2011
xMISSMONSTERx said:
sarahbentvelzen said:
I peel too... it's to get rid of the dirt and whatever pesticides it may have etc. Plus, I'm always wary of random people touching mushrooms at the supermarket...germaphobe.
I know that washing them under water is an alternative but I don't like getting mushrooms wet.
I just can't bring myself to do it, I just wash all my vegetables.

If you've got issues with people touching the mushrooms, have you ever considered buying one of those mushroom boxes for like $14 and growing your own? I have but I honestly don't think they'd grow fast enough for me :3
Maybe when I move in with Simon. I can't really grow anything at home... it gets destroyed ie by cats or people who don't understand how to pick basil leaves only and not the stems....ARGH! So I'm waiting until I move in then I'm doing my own herbs/vegies, whatever I can happy
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
12 24 Apr 2011
May-Z said:
Lars said:
this is cool, I love finding iut what other people make as it gives me ideas.

1. Red lentil dhal  w/ garlic papadams
2. Fried mushroom polenta with gravy
3. General Tao's Tofu
4. Jamie Oliver's lemon and asparagus risotto
5. mac n Cheez
6. Mexican beans on quinoa
7.mexican burritos
8. microwave chocolate
9. gnocci..i need to get used to making it properly
I like 8
haha microwave chocolate cake
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
13 24 Apr 2011
xMISSMONSTERx said:
Ejay, I just checked out your most recent post on your blog, can I ask you why you peel your mushrooms!? My old room mate used to do it and it drove me nuts, I used to make her keep all the peeled mushroom skin and I'd use it in my enchiladas tongue

Skins are the best part of the vegetable!!!
I do it because my husband really hates the taste, and when I peel them they become easier to hide in food.  Also, at the moment I'm being much more vigilant about dirt and washing veges/salad because of listeria - normally not a big deal but becomes bigger with pregnancy.

When I'm making something just for me (pre-pregnant) with mushrooms, I just toss them though water with the rest of the stuff and be done with it.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
14 24 Apr 2011
EJay said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:
Ejay, I just checked out your most recent post on your blog, can I ask you why you peel your mushrooms!? My old room mate used to do it and it drove me nuts, I used to make her keep all the peeled mushroom skin and I'd use it in my enchiladas tongue

Skins are the best part of the vegetable!!!
I do it because my husband really hates the taste, and when I peel them they become easier to hide in food.  Also, at the moment I'm being much more vigilant about dirt and washing veges/salad because of listeria - normally not a big deal but becomes bigger with pregnancy.

When I'm making something just for me (pre-pregnant) with mushrooms, I just toss them though water with the rest of the stuff and be done with it.
I just don't understand how anyone can hate the taste of mushrooms... especially cooked! om nom nom :p
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
15 25 Apr 2011
I've gone off shrooms in their raw state since being pregnant :/

My main meals are:
Nachos (every Saturday!)
Spag Bol
Cannelloni
Tacos
Curry
Salad + vegie burger wraps - these are my staples as I am home alone 4 nights a week so I struggle to cook awesome meals just for myself. If the bf didn't work nights it'd be diff.
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
16 25 Apr 2011
RaV3N said:
Yay!  Congratulations Raven!  How far along are you?  Hope your medical team are as awesome as mine about the veganism.

I went off mushies in a BIG way early on - even cooked and hidden in things.  I've just got the taste back for them (I'm 16 weeks).  My taste buds are still super whacked out, though.  There's some stuff I know I love I just can't bring myself to eat it.  It's very sad.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
17 25 Apr 2011
Off the top of my head I
1. Subway
2. Spicy chilli udon noodles from noodle shop
3. chilli full of beans and veg, brown rice and tortillas
4. Gnocchi with pasta sauce
5. Pasta and a spaghetti sauce minus mince
6. Oven fries with .. veg or something easy from the freezer.
7. Minestrone soup
8. Curry
9. Eggplant Parma
10. Veggie roast
11. Eatwell Veggie burgers and satay rice

I want to expand though, had an awesome couscous the other night and want to recreate it, served with chunks of roast veg. mmmm.
ReplyQuote

18 25 Apr 2011
EJay said:
RaV3N said:
Yay!  Congratulations Raven!  How far along are you?  Hope your medical team are as awesome as mine about the veganism.

I went off mushies in a BIG way early on - even cooked and hidden in things.  I've just got the taste back for them (I'm 16 weeks).  My taste buds are still super whacked out, though.  There's some stuff I know I love I just can't bring myself to eat it.  It's very sad.
I was 15wks yesterday happy my GP is fine with me being vegan, his sis-in-law is vegan haha. Haven't met anyone else in my "team" yet, but all paperwork sent to hospital has VEGAN written on it.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
19 25 Apr 2011
RaV3N said:
EJay said:
RaV3N said:

I was 15wks yesterday happy my GP is fine with me being vegan, his sis-in-law is vegan haha. Haven't met anyone else in my "team" yet, but all paperwork sent to hospital has VEGAN written on it.
I would avoid the hosipital food anyway, from what I remember seeing that stuff is pretty damn fowl. Get roe to play chef and bring you in food! haha
ReplyQuote

20 25 Apr 2011
xMISSMONSTERx said:
RaV3N said:
EJay said:
RaV3N said:

I would avoid the hosipital food anyway, from what I remember seeing that stuff is pretty damn fowl. Get roe to play chef and bring you in food! haha
I wont be there long enough to eat if all goes well lol that and thats not the reason for the vegan heading... more so for my bloods and stuff (why I gave results for things they don't usually test for during pregnancy). First meal - sushi! Shop bought!! lol
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au