Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

My mum cracks me up!

Omni folks ever make you laugh?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
1 28 Apr 2011
I know omnis sometimes say dunderheaded/ill-informed things, but what about the lighter moments related to your vegematarianism?

I went home to my folks* on Easter Saturday. My mum suggested that I should eat sausages "for Easter." She always half-jokingly offers me meat of some sort every time I see her, and always in a funny way!

*Note: They're cool about it, despite the fact that veganism is damn near un-Filipino, and my dad grew up on rationed dripping during WWII.
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
2 28 Apr 2011
That doesn't sound too funny for me. I know it probably isn't this, but it actually sounds like she thinks it's just a phase and that one day you will say yes to her meat offering.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
3 28 Apr 2011
Buttons said:
I know omnis sometimes say dunderheaded/ill-informed things, but what about the lighter moments related to your vegematarianism?

I went home to my folks* on Easter Saturday. My mum suggested that I should eat sausages "for Easter." She always half-jokingly offers me meat of some sort every time I see her, and always in a funny way!

*Note: They're cool about it, despite the fact that veganism is damn near un-Filipino, and my dad grew up on rationed dripping during WWII.
Ha. My friends always call me "Tegan the Vegan" even though I'm not vegan yet! happy
ReplyQuote

4 28 Apr 2011
Edit
ReplyQuote

5 28 Apr 2011
Jordanwts said:
That doesn't sound too funny for me. I know it probably isn't this, but it actually sounds like she thinks it's just a phase and that one day you will say yes to her meat offering.
Um, I think you'd have to hear it to hear the humour, possibly. My folks know I'm serious and just as stubborn as they are! laugh

Forgot to add, my sibs often tease me about coconut milk coming from "coconut cows"!cow
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
6 28 Apr 2011
Buttons said:
Forgot to add, my sibs often tease me about coconut milk coming from "coconut cows"!cow
Now that's funny. xD
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
7 28 Apr 2011
It's good if you can take that sort of joke. I can't... I'm overly sensitive. Any jokes toward me / my lifestyle and I get very huffy or emotional.
People that know me, know I'm sensitive and don't push my buttons.  happy
ReplyQuote

Kaedee Kaedee QLD Posts: 54
8 29 Apr 2011
My husband made me lol last night.

He said to me, 'vegans are the ones who won't eat plants, right?'

Poor dear.
ReplyQuote

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
9 30 Apr 2011
No one should take all things too seriously. It's just too much negative energy. Lighten up, you'll live much longer. Plus it just gives people more fuel anyway. "Oh the moody vegan. They are obviously lacking iron, they need a good steak."
My boyfriend has little jabs at me. I don't mind because I give him jabs about eating meat. I hear the couple that jabs together, stays together. Take that how you will wink
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
10 30 Apr 2011
StephyA said:
My boyfriend has little jabs at me. I don't mind because I give him jabs about eating meat. I hear the couple that jabs together, stays together. Take that how you will wink
must....resist....cracking....lamejokes....
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au