Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Live Below the Line

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

Shonnie Shonnie NSW Posts: 237
1 16 May 2011
Hey people!

Just letting you all know that I'm taking part in Live Below the Line this year happy I've had $10 for 5 days (thats $2 a day!) to go out and buy my groceries and thats what I'm going to be living on for the next 5 days.

I was naughty and spent $10.05 (over did it in the baby spinach department...) and got rice, pasta, bread, baby spinach, salad, frozen veggies and baked beans. I'm also going to be vegan for the week, a bit of grooming for me when I take the plunge and go vegan permanently.

This is my page:
http://www.livebelowtheline.org.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=331314
And I would be truly grateful if people could donate just $2 each (thats putting food on someones table for a whole day) so that we could make a difference.

You can also keep up to date on my progress on my facebook page:
www.facebook.com/JessRobertss89

Thanks for your time! Please please PLEASE donate just a tiny $2! Every little bit makes a huge difference!

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
2 16 May 2011
Gave you a week's worth.  peace
ReplyQuote

3 16 May 2011
Thankyou very much happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 16 May 2011
I have heard of this, but haven't really read up on it. So it's just groceries you have to do for $2 a day? I don't know if I could do it (right now in life) but I would imagine if you got creative you could do it well - lots of pasta and rice dishes.

Good luck!!
ReplyQuote

5 16 May 2011
It's just groceries, but it means that I can't accept any 'donated' food, anything out of my garden has to at least come out of the budget at market prices and I have to include flavourings such as salt, pepper and herbs in my budget too. Which I haven't so it means some pretty bland meals for me!
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
6 17 May 2011
I think it's wonderful what you're doing and very commendable wink well done & best of luck!
ReplyQuote

7 17 May 2011
Thankyou! Feeling it a bit today, getting hungry!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
8 17 May 2011
I'm starting it tomorrow. The food is going to be so boring tho! No money for salt or sugar or herbs or spices... sad
ReplyQuote

9 18 May 2011
Oh boy yeah is it bland! I don't know if I can face another meal of rice without soy sauce. What's your page? I'll sponsor you happy
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
10 18 May 2011
Shonnie said:
Oh boy yeah is it bland! I don't know if I can face another meal of rice without soy sauce. What's your page? I'll sponsor you happy
Lol im having oats for breakfast. Aldi plain oats. So gross!

This is my page http://www.livebelowtheline.org.au/callummcbride?SID=413828&Lang=en-CA but you don't have to sponser me because i can't sponser you back because i can't pay online (i'm not 18 just yet).
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au