Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Swap it, don't stop it!

Has anyone seen the ads on TV

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

The Almighty Heatherzilla The Almighty Heatherzilla VIC Posts: 70
1 20 May 2011
What do you guys think of this campaign by the Australian government? Has anyone else noticed that nowhere in any of the ads or on the website they mention reducing your intake of animal products, despite the fact that numerous studies have proven that a plant based diet is healthier and that people following a plant based diet have a far less chance of being overweight/obese. Most of the things on the site are just common sense things but this still seems like a glaring omission to me. What do you think?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 20 May 2011
Its probably because people can make so much money out of animal industries. Stoopid people.
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
3 20 May 2011
Maybe because most people don't want to be Vegetarian or Vegan, some people enjoy eating meat and don't care or put aside that animals have died for their food. Stop complaining.
ReplyQuote

4 20 May 2011
I'm only mentioning it because it's a government initiative. If it was something done by a private institution I wouldn't care. I just think that a government has a duty to it's citizens and that includes government health initiatives having complete and correct advice.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
5 20 May 2011
V said:
Maybe because most people don't want to be Vegetarian or Vegan, some people enjoy eating meat and don't care or put aside that animals have died for their food. Stop complaining.
That was unnecessarily nasty. She wasn't complaining.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
6 20 May 2011
The Almighty Heatherzilla said:
I'm only mentioning it because it's a government initiative. If it was something done by a private institution I wouldn't care. I just think that a government has a duty to it's citizens and that includes government health initiatives having complete and correct advice.
Well there is always the 2&5 campaign, which is about making sure you get at least 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of vegetables in a day.
ReplyQuote

Kaedee Kaedee QLD Posts: 54
7 20 May 2011
I think it's because a lot of people don't want to cut out meat from their diet, but if you can encourage people to cut down thats great!
Who knows, after they cut down, they may end up cutting it out altogether!
ReplyQuote

8 20 May 2011
I just find it odd that it's not mentioned at all. Other that that I think it's actually quite a good campaign. A lot of the health problems Australia faces are diet related and this is a great step towards reducing that.
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
9 20 May 2011
I just find it odd that it's not mentioned at all. Other that that I think it's actually quite a good campaign. A lot of the health problems Australia faces are diet related and this is a great step towards reducing that.
Good of you to bring it up happy I'm thinking the same here.
I like the concept, but it is a shame that the majority are meat-eaters :
At least it's a step forward nonetheless. Who knows, maybe in the near future we'll see ads that mention cutting out meat altogether!
ReplyQuote

Shonnie Shonnie NSW Posts: 237
10 20 May 2011
lividlotus said:
Good of you to bring it up happy I'm thinking the same here.
I like the concept, but it is a shame that the majority are meat-eaters :
At least it's a step forward nonetheless. Who knows, maybe in the near future we'll see ads that mention cutting out meat altogether!
I agree. Let's work on people eating healthier before we start hounding them about cutting down on meat. It's all about little steps and everything will fall into place close behind happy That's how it started with me happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au