Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Orange Juice

This is really dumb but anyways

1 - 8 of 8 posts

James misty calvaruso James misty calvaruso NSW Posts: 77
1 23 May 2011
Hi guys, um I have heard alot orange juice having all of these additives put in them and am not excatly sure which brands are 100% vegan sad. Does anybody know what brands (In coles etc) are suitable for vegans? I am just a tad bit confuzzeled at the moment.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys. ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Kaedee Kaedee QLD Posts: 54
2 23 May 2011
Best thing to do is make your own!
You can buy a citrus juicer from kmart for around $10, and oranges aren't that expensive. Then you can be 100% sure it's vegan, and you are getting a better dose of vitamins.
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
3 23 May 2011
Kaedee said:
Best thing to do is make your own!
You can buy a citrus juicer from kmart for around $10, and oranges aren't that expensive. Then you can be 100% sure it's vegan, and you are getting a better dose of vitamins.
I can't say which are but I'm also going to say nothing beats self-made orange juice, or in my case, mum-made tongue
I've also heard a lot of the so-called 'freshly squeezed' juices are actually quite old (I've heard as old as 3 years!) so again, I'm backing Kaedee that you really ought to make your own!
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
4 23 May 2011
James misty calvaruso said:
Hi guys, um I have heard alot orange juice having all of these additives put in them and am not excatly sure which brands are 100% vegan sad. Does anybody know what brands (In coles etc) are suitable for vegans? I am just a tad bit confuzzeled at the moment.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys. ecstatic
The orange juice at Aldi specifies that its suitable for vegans.
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
5 23 May 2011
I suggest noting some of the brands, look up those sites and check the additives online or alternatively email the company to be sure.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
6 23 May 2011
There are a lot of orange juices at the store that appear to be vegan. Though one can never be entirely sure as companies are not required to list what they use during the processing phase in their ingredients list. So if they were to use gelatin to process the juice, they wouldn't have to list it as it is not in the final product...similar to bone char in sugar in the US.
Though I am not sure if many juice companies use this process - I have read of it happening before. I personally don't go that far into things...to me ingredients used in processing is a lot like emulsifiers which may or may not be vegan tongue

According to this FB group - Berri juice is vegan =)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aussie-Vegan-Food-Updates/217412721604183

Also orange juice from the fridge section in the supermarket generally has less additives etc. than the shelf stuff.
ReplyQuote

Desiree Desiree SA Posts: 35
7 24 May 2011
I drink nuddies happy because it doesnt have persevatives, its also on the ethical consumers list whereas berri isnt.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
8 24 May 2011
I think most orange juice is vegan. I'm not too worried about additives unless it's 120. But I do remember reading a label once that it contained something unvegan, but can't remember what that was as was years ago.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au