Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan KitKats?

Is there such a thing?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Desiree Desiree SA Posts: 35
1 24 May 2011
Has anyone tasted anything similar to a kitkat that vegan, I miss them so.
Though about making my own, but what chocolate so people use, I've used sweet william but it doesnt really float my boat.  It has a nutty taste that I remember not liking in red tulip easter eggs  tongue

If anyone knows of kitkats or nicer vegan chocolate, please help!
ReplyQuote

Mykool Mykool QLD Posts: 8
2 24 May 2011
What about making some up from scratch with cocoa? Or using dark chocolate, and if you don't like dark, mixing in some soy or rice milk to 'milk chocolate it up' a bit?

Also, if you DO make vegan kit-kats PLEASE post the recipe here! That would be the most awesome creation ever!
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
3 24 May 2011
Desiree said:
Has anyone tasted anything similar to a kitkat that vegan, I miss them so.
Though about making my own, but what chocolate so people use, I've used sweet william but it doesnt really float my boat.  It has a nutty taste that I remember not liking in red tulip easter eggs  tongue

If anyone knows of kitkats or nicer vegan chocolate, please help!
The MYTH of the VEGAN KIT KAT!!!!!
DU DA DU DA!!!!!!

I wish I knew some recipes sad If you try: Vegan Kit kats in Google, something might come up

OR you could just experiment!!! Because you are dealing with CHOCOLATE if you muck up, you could just eat your mistakes! tongue
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
4 24 May 2011
Use Plamil Alternative to Milk Chocolate (as seen here http://www.plamilfoods.co.uk/organic-chocolate/fairtrade-alternative-to-milk-chocolate)
I'm not sure where you can get it in SA, but Health food stores may have it (most of the ones here in VIC do) and I'm sure there's a few aussie online stores you can get it from. It's the closest thing I've tasted to dairy milk chocolate.

And as Mykool said, if successful you must post the recipe, please. XD
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
5 24 May 2011
I found this recipe online:
http://www.doliferight.com/2008/12/19/vegan-kit-kat-recipe/

It's very basic, just dark chocolate and wafers... so I'm not sure how close it would be to a KitKat, but it might be worth a try.
ashamed
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
6 24 May 2011
Dark_Cherry said:
Those are some dodgy looking kit kats! Ha ha XD.
From memory, Kit kats are sort of layers of chocolate and wafer, so simply just covering a wafer in chocolate wouldn't be the same, at least I wouldn't think so.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
7 24 May 2011
Jordanwts said:
Dark_Cherry said:
Those are some dodgy looking kit kats! Ha ha XD.
From memory, Kit kats are sort of layers of chocolate and wafer, so simply just covering a wafer in chocolate wouldn't be the same, at least I wouldn't think so.
That sounds like a tim tam. Who cares what they look like... the taste is what matters tongue
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
8 24 May 2011
I used to love kitkats. But I would eat them layer by layer... that would be important. Getting the wafer chocolate ratio right!
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
9 24 May 2011
Dark_Cherry said:
I found this recipe online:
http://www.doliferight.com/2008/12/19/vegan-kit-kat-recipe/

It's very basic, just dark chocolate and wafers... so I'm not sure how close it would be to a KitKat, but it might be worth a try.
ashamed
MMMMMMMMM, they look strange but delish!!!
ReplyQuote

Desiree Desiree SA Posts: 35
10 24 May 2011
Thanks, guys, will try out that link for the 'nice' chocolate!q
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au