Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Watch 4 Corners TONIGHT (30/5) on ABC!

To see the Animals Australia footage that everyone is talking about!

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
1 26 May 2011
Some of you may have heard rumblings on certain TV shows and in certain newspapers about footage obtained by Animals Australia of Aussie cattle sent to Indonesia for slaughter.

Well you'll be able to see that *never before seen* footage for yourself on Four Corners this Monday (May 30th) on ABC1 at 8.30pm.

This is a hugely important story and we need as many people to see it as possible - so make sure YOU tune in and tell everyone else you know to do the same!

http://www.unleashed.org.au/blog/2011-05/Save-this-date-Live-export-exposed

Of course we'll keep you posted on how you can help to end this horrific live export trade as well!

Don't forget! FOUR CORNERS ABC1 8.30PM MONDAY MAY 30th
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 26 May 2011
Why haven't they released it though.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
3 26 May 2011
im kinda scared to watch it, is there any slaughter images? sad
ReplyQuote

4 26 May 2011
Hey Callum,

I know this question was raised on a TV program earlier this week right?

But it was only when Animals Australia's past investigation footage was aired on national television that *real action* was taken to protect animals -- the trade in live sheep was stopped to Egypt after we publicly revealed horrific animal abuse in that country.

While the Australian government continues to defend the live export trade it's important that the public is made aware of what's really going on.

Four Corners is Australia's most respected current affairs program, and this footage couldn't be in better hands. Though we'd like to see this story aired as soon as possible we don't have control over program scheduling. But it's now confirmed to air on Monday, so make sure you tune in!
ReplyQuote

5 26 May 2011
omg i didnt know that the live export of sheep to egypt has been stopped  clap awsum work happy . are cattle still been exported there?
ReplyQuote

6 26 May 2011
Hey Shanii,

Because Four Corners is running the story, none of us know what footage has made the final cut - so ...I really don't know, sorry!  scared
ReplyQuote

7 26 May 2011
thanks, i just cant handle seeing it is all sad . i have seen it first hand sadley. i dont know how AA does it - u guys r my idols.
ReplyQuote

8 27 May 2011
Hey Shanii, sorry I didn't answer your question about the cattle in Egypt earlier - wanted to make sure I had all the facts!
After one of our investigations in Egypt the cattle trade was suspended for 5 years based on the awful footage.
Sadly, it has since opened up again, although the cows are only sent to one abattoir and are not sold on to private buyers for backyard slaughter (this is what's called a 'closed system').
It's not ideal, and we'll keep campaigning until the Live Export trade is banned completely.
Thankfully, live sheep export to Egypt is still banned because of footage taken by Animals Australia.
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
9 30 May 2011
Unleashed Admin
bump
Tune in! This is one is not to be missed!
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
10 30 May 2011
Unleashed Admin
ps. a reminder of the details:

Four Corners
8:30pm Tonight on ABC1
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au