Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pescetarians are NOT vegetarians!

11 - 20 of 98 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

AliceinWhorrorland AliceinWhorrorland VIC Posts: 95
11 28 May 2011
Fish/any marine life are animals too, they feel pain, and they count as meat, some people are a bit weird (says me haha)
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
12 28 May 2011
Meghan! said:
Fish/any marine life are animals too, they feel pain, and they count as meat, some people are a bit weird (says me haha)
I agree (and I agree that your weird, in a good way though tongue )

You know what annoys me? If someone sees the Japanese whaling, they start saying "that is so cruel" as they are putting a chunk of dead fish in their mouth. Don't these people realise that fish feel as much pain too?!
ReplyQuote

Heather. Heather. QLD Posts: 230
13 28 May 2011
I'm a Pescetarian but I prefer to eat Vegetarian meals. When I'm out I always eat Vegetarian meals.

I have fish about once a month and I'm trying to become Vegetarian happy

However whenever someone (like a friend or class mate) asks me if I'm Vegetarian I always correct them and say no I'm Pescetarian and if they ask me what that is I tell them I eat seafood.

But I do understand why you are annoyed.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
14 28 May 2011
If you only eat fish once a month, it wouldnt be hard to stop?? You said your going to try become vegetarian.. If it's such a rare occurrence that you eat fish- I dont really understand how it could be hard :S Fish was the easiest thing for me to stop eating- cos I never really enjoyed it that much. Besides crustaceans, oysters and crabs.
ReplyQuote

Heather. Heather. QLD Posts: 230
15 28 May 2011
. said:
If you only eat fish once a month, it wouldnt be hard to stop?? You said your going to try become vegetarian.. If it's such a rare occurrence that you eat fish- I dont really understand how it could be hard :S Fish was the easiest thing for me to stop eating- cos I never really enjoyed it that much. Besides crustaceans, oysters and crabs.
Oh it's not hard to give up that's not the problem. I never used to eat much fish anyways we mainly had Chicken and that was the easiet thing to give up for me.

I only became a Pescetarian at the beginning of the year and that was quite a big change for my parents. My Dad still asks me every other week if I'm still a Vegetarian.I correct him and say yes I'm still a Pescetarian and this isn't a phase. My Mum says I still have to eat fish.

So I'm still a Pescetarian because of my situation at home.
ReplyQuote

16 28 May 2011
Oww okay- i kind of get it.. Can't you just get all the information and dietary stuff of fish and a supplement of fish, and show them that there's really no difference what you eat?? My mum has never really cooked for me- so its never been a real problem for me with not eating certain foods, cos i just cook my own food.. It's only a problem when it comes to peoples birthdays at houses, and family get togethers. I just make a meal out of the thousand side dishes italians have though. But being italian also, i come from a whole pile of big fat meat eaters!
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
17 28 May 2011
i dont eat oyseters because they scare me lol
but there was a thread a few years ago about if oysters techinally where  vegan or not

many people think they would be vegan others not so much
ReplyQuote

18 28 May 2011
they're not scary, i hate that i think theyre delicious D:  
i dont know if theyre an actual animal or not? but until i dont know, im just not gonna eat it haha
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
19 28 May 2011
They are an animal, but the thread was discussing whether or not it was ethical to eat them because most evidence points to the fact that they can't actually feel pain.
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
20 28 May 2011
I think when they said they were vegetarian I wouldn't have asked anymore and just told the chef to minus out any meat products and ALSO to leave out the oyster sauce tongue
Though speaking of oysters, I hope you vegetarians/vegans here aren't wearing any pearls just saying~
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au