Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pescetarians are NOT vegetarians!

61 - 70 of 98 posts   4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  


KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
61 15 Jul 2011
I met someone who says she is vegetarian and then her BF says '' but you ate a big mac last night '' and she replies '' yeah well, I don't eat meat everyday and I only eat chicken and fish''  WTF  You just ate a BIG MAC!!!  Last time I checked they were made using beef!!!  

I also worked with a '' vegetarian'' who would just pick the meat out of food... confused
And another '' strict vegetarian'' I know has eaten meat during the night and then justifies it by saying they didn't know what they were eating, This person also eats prawn crackers.... confused
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
62 15 Jul 2011
Yeti Woman said:
Ames said:
IMO the only reason veg*ns get so narky about what others claiming to be veg*n eat, is usually just to make themselves feel better, superior etc. Just my opinion.
Meh... maybe for some, but anything labelled wrongly irritates me.
I cannot stand it when people say dinner, when they are talking about lunch (and say tea instead of dinner). Or saying pants when they are talking about undies/knickers. When my husband says butter instead of margarine. When a jacket is called a jumper.

I don't get angry about it, just irritated. Yes, I'm an annoying person to live with.
ashamed
My three year old would drive you batty then LOL When she says dinner it could mean breakfast lunch or basically food eaten at any time of the day. Pants, undies etc much of a muchness to her. Peanut butter=butter butter etc

And if that didn't drive you up the wall, then this surely will
from wiki "Originally, dinner referred to the first meal of a two-meal day, a heavy meal occurring about noon, which broke the night's fast in the new day. The word is from the Old French (ca 1300) disner, meaning "breakfast", from the stem of Gallo-Romance desjunare ("to break one's fast"), from Latin dis- ("undo") + Late Latin ieiunare ("to fast"), from Latin ieiunus ("fasting, hungry").[2][3] Eventually, the term shifted to referring to the heavy main meal of the day, even if it had been preceded by a breakfast meal. The (lighter) meal following dinner has traditionally been referred to as supper or tea." ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
63 15 Jul 2011
Ames said:
My three year old would drive you batty then LOL When she says dinner it could mean breakfast lunch or basically food eaten at any time of the day. Pants, undies etc much of a muchness to her. Peanut butter=butter butter etc
Kids are funny like that (I've got 2). Mislabeling doesn't irritate me so much with kids. It's all part of the learning process.
monkey


Ames said:
And if that didn't drive you up the wall, then this surely will
from wiki "Originally, dinner referred to the first meal of a two-meal day, a heavy meal occurring about noon, which broke the night's fast in the new day. The word is from the Old French (ca 1300) disner, meaning "breakfast", from the stem of Gallo-Romance desjunare ("to break one's fast"), from Latin dis- ("undo") + Late Latin ieiunare ("to fast"), from Latin ieiunus ("fasting, hungry").[2][3] Eventually, the term shifted to referring to the heavy main meal of the day, even if it had been preceded by a breakfast meal. The (lighter) meal following dinner has traditionally been referred to as supper or tea." ecstatic
Well that's interesting. lol
Even so, I've been brought up with breakfast, lunch, dinner, (but my parents did occasionally call it tea) so it's too strange for me to call the main meals anything else - or to hear other people call it anything else.
I guess labeling stuff in way that seems wrong (to me) is my pet peeve.
peace
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
64 15 Jul 2011
Ames said:
I don't understand why others get so worked up, frustrated etc about what another person labels themselves. Why is it anyone else's concern?
I get annoyed because it confuses people. They wonder if Vegetarians if fish, if Vegans eat eggs, do we eat chicken, etc and then those of us who are veg have to deal with the questions. "Do Vegetarians eat fish/chicken?" No. It's pretty obvious that they don't. Fish and chicken are animals, thus Vegetarians and Vegans do not eat them.

It also causes issues for those of us who are veg because people will think that Vegetarians eat fish, Vegans have eggs/milk, etc and so we might get served something that isn't Veg friendly when we go out or our friends/family will buy or make stuff thinking that's it suitable for us vegheads when it's not.

There are proper terms for those who eat fish but no other meat, etc, so why not use them and stop all the confusion?
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
65 16 Jul 2011
KittyLover said:
I met someone who says she is vegetarian and then her BF says '' but you ate a big mac last night '' and she replies '' yeah well, I don't eat meat everyday and I only eat chicken and fish''  WTF  You just ate a BIG MAC!!!  Last time I checked they were made using beef!!!  

I also worked with a '' vegetarian'' who would just pick the meat out of food... confused
And another '' strict vegetarian'' I know has eaten meat during the night and then justifies it by saying they didn't know what they were eating, This person also eats prawn crackers.... confused
LOL Im vegetarian a couple of days of the week... Not all meat eaters eat meat everyday.. When i was a meat eater id only eat it once, twice a week but i didnt say I was a vegetarian. Weirdos haha. Haha i used to work with 2 strict vegetarians.. And another girl at work was a new vego, and she brought a potato salad from work and it had bacon in it .. And i said to her,, err dude it has bacon in it. .She was like "ill just pick it out" i just replied "im not vegetarian and I even think thats wrong" lol. Your still buying it :S Its just being wasted. Animal died for the bin. Bleaugh people are weird haha
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
66 16 Jul 2011
in this case it didn't say 'traces of' ... but was in a chinese kind of mart in the bottom of a malay shopping centre, so maybe their english on packaging is bad and that is what they meant.

still I really don't get how egg is a vegetable.. every time.. oh can I have a vegetarian goreng dish or rice... or an indian vegetarian dish "does it have egg?"  'errr.. yes?'   '0_o
ReplyQuote

MoniqueClair MoniqueClair NSW Posts: 24
67 18 Jul 2011
Hahaha yea... after reading a lot of comments it just seems like everyone loves the label of being a vego/vegan but love the taste of meat more :p

It's just a name, whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.
ReplyQuote

Cherry Pie Cherry Pie VIC Posts: 144
68 20 Jul 2011
true Pescetarians are not vegetarians my sisters say that u can eat fish if ur a vegetarian because  their teachers eat fish and they are vegetarians
ReplyQuote

BrittanySkye BrittanySkye SA Posts: 14
69 21 Jul 2011
I know right, so annoying!
Also people who think they are vegetarians, but eat meat sometimes. WOW! thats a new type of vegetarian ... rolleyes
Like onene of my friends says to everyone at school shes a ' vegetarian ' i think she is a tad bit too much proud of it, anyways, the day before my class helped out with planting gardens, so my teacher came in with pizza as a ' reward '

Once she came around to my friend , my friend said straight away, ' what kind of meat is that? '
and the teacher replied ' ham and cheese '
and she grabed a peice and said ' i love pigs! ' scared

we all looked at her in shock and she broke the silence by saying ' what? seriously, cant a vegetarian enjoy some pig? '
It was the stupest thing ever!  && yet she still calls herself a very ' true vegetarian ' , which i said to her the other day!
ReplyQuote

AmyLovesHuskies AmyLovesHuskies SA Posts: 20
70 22 Jul 2011
-.- i know right. It's sooooo annoying.

Can't they just get this, and i'll make it simple.

" Vegetarians don't eat animals. Fish are animals, and all those stuff you eat. "
ReplyQuote

 [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ]  [ 10 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au