Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pescetarians are NOT vegetarians!

71 - 80 of 98 posts   4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
71 22 Jul 2011
On the television tonight they were saying how children should eat less meat and eat more fish and seafood.....Seafood is meat dammit!
ReplyQuote

AmyLovesHuskies AmyLovesHuskies SA Posts: 20
72 22 Jul 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
On the television tonight they were saying how children should eat less meat and eat more fish and seafood.....Seafood is meat dammit!
I know right. ?
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
73 22 Jul 2011
AmyLovesHuskies said:
Abbiesaurus said:
I know right. ?
and fish is seafood!
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
74 22 Jul 2011
katherooni said:
AmyLovesHuskies said:
Abbiesaurus said:
I know right. ?
and fish is seafood!
Haha I know when they said that on the news I was also like wtf. People need to learn to use correct terminology! Especially when you are doing a news report on television confused
ReplyQuote

cassie2 cassie2 VIC Posts: 212
75 21 Oct 2012
today I went to a restaurant with my family and I was offered shell fish.
I was like no.
and they were like oh shellfish isnt meat. here have some. I am like no I dont eat that.
cant believe people sometimes.
apparently shellfish is ok to eat if it has no eyes. like mussells and oysters.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
76 22 Oct 2012
katherooni said:
AmyLovesHuskies said:
Abbiesaurus said:
I know right. ?
and fish is seafood!
Obviously they realize how retarded they have become.
And are trying to think of ways to solve it.

Basically they are like "OK!! Kids need to do.. what EVER it is that we didn't do."

And then that is all they can come up with, kids need to wear more hats and sun-cream and get more vitamin D while eating fish and Vegan diet has proven to be great!

That is the logic of someone who poos with their eyes.
ReplyQuote

Fish Fish VIC Posts: 149
77 22 Oct 2012
I'm pretty sure someone who sometimes eats meat but is mainly a vegetarian is actually defined as a flexitarian. The helper teacher at school goes to me (after finding out I'm a vegetarian) 'do you eat seafood)?' (me) "No" 'Oh your a vegan then?' "No". I then explain to her what a vegan actually is. She says to me 'Oh ok you still need some meat though' yeah keep telling yourself that.
It's like when mum goes to her friend (tipsy I believe) '(insert my name here) wants to become a vegan, but I said no' Im thinking to myself, yes i want to become a vegan but when did i ever tell you that?!? Ive only ever said that i wanted to drop dairy. Which im doing slowly and unknownly. Mums friend was a vegan and is a nurse. So I was like that backfired. She went back to eating meat when she got pregnant.
And finally (I'll shut up soon) My dad asked me (since I used to love prawns) 'why don't you eat prawns technically they are insects' so I said 'technically their still animals and I said that it would cause a very fine line and soon I may be going, oh I can eat chicken cause they are birds!' dad just shrugged. I think he was just trying to help me get back a food I once liked.
Okay shutting up now
ReplyQuote

lucidity lucidity SA Posts: 54
78 22 Oct 2012
quickly getting pretty sick of my mum telling me she's making tuna for dinner, "it's fish, you can have some it doesn't matter"

I'm not sure where we have been educating these people because I highly doubt fish are plants!
ReplyQuote

Daft_Punk Daft_Punk SA Posts: 139
79 23 Oct 2012
OP, some people may consider oysters vegan because they don't think oysters are sentient, and veganism is about not hurting or exploiting sentient beings. I've looked it up on Google and still can't come to a conclusion whether oysters are actually sentient or not. But fish definitely isn't. Fish feel pain like other animals too.

Like once I saw a Tumblr post in the "speciesism" tag and the person said she was going pescetarian because she was "against speciesism". I'm sorry but isn't refraining from eating the flesh of some animals and not others, the ULTIMATE form of speciesism?
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
80 23 Oct 2012
katherooni said:
and fish is seafood!
Only if it came from the sea!
ReplyQuote

[ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ]  [ 10 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au