Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pescetarians are NOT vegetarians!

81 - 90 of 98 posts   4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  


Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
81 26 Oct 2012
lucidity said:
quickly getting pretty sick of my mum telling me she's making tuna for dinner, "it's fish, you can have some it doesn't matter"

I'm not sure where we have been educating these people because I highly doubt fish are plants!
Simple.

Make hear eat a live one.

Buy some pet fish and tell her you have prepared dinner, then put your fish bowl on the table.

Bon Appetit!
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
82 26 Oct 2012
Casper.s2 said:
lucidity said:
quickly getting pretty sick of my mum telling me she's making tuna for dinner, "it's fish, you can have some it doesn't matter"

I'm not sure where we have been educating these people because I highly doubt fish are plants!
Simple.

Make hear eat a live one.

Buy some pet fish and tell her you have prepared dinner, then put your fish bowl on the table.

Bon Appetit!
on a more serious note, tell her about the environmental destrcutivity of the fishing industry, all you have to look up is commercial fishing - by catch and bingo, the information on there ought to be enough to convince her as to why eating fish is bad, even if she doesn't beleive they feel pain. That and think of all the mercury you are unintentionally consuming! bleugh!
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
83 26 Oct 2012
Oh.. I was being serious.

If you saw a fish gasping for air on top of your Salad,
you might grow a brain.

Although Adults cannot grow brains without Omega-3 so they might find it difficult. wink

They can't move without Iron which only exists inside animals who eat Grass all day and they cannot Grow without B12 which only comes from Animals, who don't eat meat.

That is why they are so smart, from eating all the other animals.

If you made someone who is fine with Meat, eat Dolphins, Horses, Lions, Vultures... I think they would have a problem with it. They just don't care to deviate from what is accepted to be normal, in fear if being asked questions.

This is why they always ask stupid questions, because in their mind, when they think of not eating Animals, they only picture stupid people asking them stupid questions?

Like oh does that mean you Eat Fish? Means, 20 years ago it was Hip to be Vegan and they tried and gave up, now that means you can't do what they can't do. ~P~
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
84 26 Oct 2012
Casper.s2 said:
Oh.. I was being serious.

If you saw a fish gasping for air on top of your Salad,
you might grow a brain.

Although Adults cannot grow brains without Omega-3 so they might find it difficult. wink

They can't move without Iron which only exists inside animals who eat Grass all day and they cannot Grow without B12 which only comes from Animals, who don't eat meat.

That is why they are so smart, from eating all the other animals.

If you made someone who is fine with Meat, eat Dolphins, Horses, Lions, Vultures... I think they would have a problem with it. They just don't care to deviate from what is accepted to be normal, in fear if being asked questions.

This is why they always ask stupid questions, because in their mind, when they think of not eating Animals, they only picture stupid people asking them stupid questions?

Like oh does that mean you Eat Fish? Means, 20 years ago it was Hip to be Vegan and they tried and gave up, now that means you can't do what they can't do. ~P~
Yes but perhaps willingly using animal cruelty to make a point about animal cruelty isn't the best option. tongue
ReplyQuote

Lala Lala QLD Posts: 70
85 28 Oct 2012
I am aware of that. I am a pescetarian but on this site I have vegetarian badge.
Just imagine you are in a family where the rest of the people are full-on meat eaters and it has taken you ages of begging to get them to let you be pescetarian. Thats what it is like at my house.  I've tried to stop eating seafood but my Mum won't let me. I am also giving up dairy altogether, and soonish I will be getting backyard chooks so I don't have to buy eggs.

I just didn't have the courage to call myself a meat-eater. Please don't judge me. I am only 11!  ashamed2 sad
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
86 31 Oct 2012
Lala said:
I am aware of that. I am a pescetarian but on this site I have vegetarian badge.
Just imagine you are in a family where the rest of the people are full-on meat eaters and it has taken you ages of begging to get them to let you be pescetarian. Thats what it is like at my house.  I've tried to stop eating seafood but my Mum won't let me. I am also giving up dairy altogether, and soonish I will be getting backyard chooks so I don't have to buy eggs.

I just didn't have the courage to call myself a meat-eater. Please don't judge me. I am only 11!  ashamed2 sad
Hey Lala!
I was in the exact same position you're in a few years ago, when I first broke the idea of being vegetarian to my parents.
It took me a year to finally convince my parents I could be a healthy happy vegetarian, although they still weren't keen on the idea. tongue
I think our point here is, it's rather annoying when people say they are vegetarian, but then exempt themselves when it comes to eating animals like fish, and when telling others, it can get confusing and rather fustrating when you have people assuming you can eat fish etc if you're vegetarian, because that's what other people have said you can.
The correct term is pescetarian, and there is no shame in using that term!

Some of us forget how hard it is to change a lifestyle in a family environment that doesn't agree with it, but don't worry, most of us haven't forgotten.
Patience is key, and knowledge. There is plenty of information out there on the environmental disbenefits from the consumption of seafood products, have you tried that angle with your parents?

Protein was the main issue when it came to convincing mine I didn't need seafood, things like beans & legumes are packed full of it, you need to show your parents you're willing to eat meals full of this kind of stuff, in order to prove to them you are going to be healthy!

Also, the final straw broke for my parents when they said unless I was willing to cook my own meals, they weren't going to cater for my "phases". I said I would, and now, about 2 years later I still am.
You just need to prove you're serious about this, and they aren't going to win any brownie points if they keep trying to force you otherwise.
alot of parents think that when it comes to things like this you will "give up", that is what you need to get past, them thinking this is going to go away if they ignore it for long enough.

Good luck! peace
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
87 31 Oct 2012
This is never really happened to me, but I really hate the word "Semi-vegetarians." The way I look at it, your'e vegetarian or your'e not!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
88 31 Oct 2012
One girl on peta2 about a month ago was talking about how her dad told her that fish don't have feelings so that it is okay to eat them. ( My editorial: "Pull them out of the water on a painful hook and suffocate them, then eat their rotting flesh".)
She said how she might become a vegan who eats fish then she found the PETA site.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
89 31 Oct 2012
Kelsey1 said:
One girl on peta2 about a month ago was talking about how her dad told her that fish don't have feelings so that it is okay to eat them. ( My editorial: "Pull them out of the water on a painful hook and suffocate them, then eat their rotting flesh".)
She said how she might become a vegan who eats fish then she found the PETA site.
Um, just to clarify, I think that fishing is really wrong because people find that ripping a fish away from it's home, jabbing the poor animal with a hook then suffocating it, "relaxing." I used to love eating fish but then I realized (WITHOUT an animal right's site help) that fish must have feelings too. I think I stopped eating fish first!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
90 31 Oct 2012
KittyLover said:
I met someone who says she is vegetarian and then her BF says '' but you ate a big mac last night '' and she replies '' yeah well, I don't eat meat everyday and I only eat chicken and fish''  WTF  You just ate a BIG MAC!!!  Last time I checked they were made using beef!!!
It really ticks me off when people say they are veggies but eat chicken and fish. If you're vegetarian, you don't eat dead , rotting carcasses! Thats the end of it.
ReplyQuote

 [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ]  [ 10 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au