Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

University Action: Ban Live Export

Melbourne actions at universities this week.

1 - 7 of 7 posts

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
1 31 May 2011
Hey guys,

Some university petitioning/leafleting sessions are currently in the process of being planned for this week for around Melbourne, with the purpose of banning live export.

I'll be setting up on both Thursday and Friday at either RMIT University, City Campus OR Monash University, Clayton Campus between the hours of 2pm and 4pm to get some petitions signed and talk to student population about live export, and what they can do to help ban it.

If you're interested, just drop me a line here. I'll definitely be doing it, I just need to know which universities work best for people. I'm thinking at the moment I'll do Monash on Thursday and RMIT on Friday but its totally up to you guys!

All you'll need is yourself. I've got the petitions, clipboards, pens etc. And of course, Animals Australia/Unleashed t-shirts are always great and let everyone know who we are.

Thanks heaps guys.

Stay loud!

Matt.
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
2 31 May 2011
Right now at my uni (Swinburne) it's SWOTVAC (exam prep time), meaning it's basically dead on campus. Is it like this at others?
ReplyQuote

3 31 May 2011
Friends at Monash and RMIT have told me its alright. No one's in class, but the libraries are pretty packed so I'll just be around there I think
ReplyQuote

Sarah19 Sarah19 VIC Posts: 62
4 1 Jun 2011
You should try LaTrobe Bundoora, My dad is a senior lecturer/ Dr of bio-science there. I am in Brisbane but will do all I can to help online etc...
ReplyQuote

5 1 Jun 2011
Sarah19 said:
You should try LaTrobe Bundoora, My dad is a senior lecturer/ Dr of bio-science there. I am in Brisbane but will do all I can to help online etc...
I definitely would, it's just too far for me!
ReplyQuote

6 1 Jun 2011
Ok guys, tomorrow I'll be at RMIT from 2-4pm. If you're coming, meet me on the corner of Elizabeth and Latrobe Street. From there we'll head over to the library.

Hope to see some of you there!
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
7 1 Jun 2011
Wish I could come! Good luck! happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au