Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Animal cruelty

everyone has a different opinion.

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Taymaree Taymaree VIC Posts: 18
1 1 Jun 2011
there are three sides to every story there's one side, there's the other. And then there's the truth.
But nobody knows what the truth really is. We mainly see it in carnivores, they believe that animal cruelty, and slaughtering animals for human consumption is okay, WHO THE HELL SAID IT WAS EVER OKAAY!!!

animal cruelty... whats your point of view???  huh
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 1 Jun 2011
SHouldn't happen. PLAIN and simple.
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
3 1 Jun 2011
Just because they can't talk doesn't mean they are incapable of feeling pain, suffering and sadness.
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
4 1 Jun 2011
I think with a lot of people it is an "ignorance is bliss" kind of thinking.

There is also, with the Live Export issue, people saying, "Stopping Australian animals going to Indonesia is not going to stop other countries from sending their livestock."

You also get people who say, "What is one vegetarian going to do in the long run compared to the billions of people in the world."

So my attitude towards animal cruelty is that any measure in the right direction, whether it be a big or small step is still going to be positive.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 1 Jun 2011
ShadowDoubt said:
Just because they can't talk doesn't mean they are incapable of feeling pain, suffering and sadness.
It's not even that they can't talk. Because they do talk, they just don't speak our language. It's like a racist persons view on saying "you dont speak english, get out of australia"
.. animals dont speak english, so people just don't care for them- i sort of see it like that
they can speak to eachother- as we do too. animals probably don't care for us much either, cos they probably think we don't talk..sort of the same as, to us, an aliens a green thing with bulging eyes- but to them, we're aliens..
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
6 1 Jun 2011
. said:
ShadowDoubt said:
It's not even that they can't talk. Because they do talk, they just don't speak our language. It's like a racist persons view on saying "you dont speak english, get out of australia"
.. animals dont speak english, so people just don't care for them- i sort of see it like that
they can speak to eachother- as we do too. animals probably don't care for us much either, cos they probably think we don't talk..sort of the same as, to us, an aliens a green thing with bulging eyes- but to them, we're aliens..
That's what I meant.
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
7 1 Jun 2011
How there ever be a justifiable side to animal cruelty? I guess it also depends on the definition of cruelty. It's about inflicting suffering on another and even "enjoying it. Now, I know  there are two sides to the story, I mean people are used to supporting the meat and dairy industries but problem is, half of them don't know what actually's going on... and if they knew, do you think they'd all still support it?
It all comes down to speciesism: treating others inhumanely because they're different or we feel 'superior' and in power, and that's never alright, no matter what.
ReplyQuote

Shavvy Shavvy QLD Posts: 178
8 1 Jun 2011
Any animal suffering is cruel. I don't care for people who say "Yeah but in nature" F**k nature, I don't see nature around here... do you? I live in the city. In the city dick wads cut into a piece of steak and enjoy that meal, send them out to the farm to kill, skin and cut that cow to pieces and that same dick wad would likely go vegetarian. Give a man a chicken drumstick and they love it, give a man a chicken with a leg, they don;t love it so much. Too much ignorance, and it pisses me right off that people enjoy their ignorance. I'm sick of the nature argument. In nature animals don't farm other animals by the billions to eat 12 meals a day of meat.
ReplyQuote

Kaedee Kaedee QLD Posts: 54
9 1 Jun 2011
Totally agree with the above poster!

Also people are becoming aware of live animal exports because of the news program, and saying it's wrong, but so many of those same people won't look into what goes into getting their meat on their plate.

I've been hearing about the live animal export problems for ages, and now suddenly everyone has jumped on that bandwagon because the news has shown it. It seems these days people will only take notice if the media shoves it in their face.

Sorry about the rant, the willful ignorance of people bothers me.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
10 1 Jun 2011
Shavvy said:
Any animal suffering is cruel. I don't care for people who say "Yeah but in nature" F**k nature, I don't see nature around here... do you? I live in the city. In the city dick wads cut into a piece of steak and enjoy that meal, send them out to the farm to kill, skin and cut that cow to pieces and that same dick wad would likely go vegetarian. Give a man a chicken drumstick and they love it, give a man a chicken with a leg, they don;t love it so much. Too much ignorance, and it pisses me right off that people enjoy their ignorance. I'm sick of the nature argument. In nature animals don't farm other animals by the billions to eat 12 meals a day of meat.
Couldnt agree more..
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au