Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Raw Vegan Thread.

1 - 10 of 20 posts   1 | 2  

BEANYXVX BEANYXVX VIC Posts: 66
1 14 Jun 2011
Anyone here Raw?
Would be cool to collaborate on some recipes and lifestyle tips.
ReplyQuote

BEANYXVX BEANYXVX VIC Posts: 66
2 14 Jun 2011
Come on, there must be someone!
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
3 14 Jun 2011
I can see bare-grilllzz putting his hand up for this one.

Have you ever eaten an apple while it was still connected to the tree??
OooOoor some alfalfa sticking out the ground.. asparagus orrrr mushrooms?

Funny thing is, you would be highly likely to adequately sustain your b12 levels this way,
just from the speckles of dirt  : )  true story.

hmmm raww.. unfortunately the only thing I can think of is a sugar ant when we went around australia when I were a wee-boy.

I have some 'Raw nibble mix' next to me. *chuckle.

I might go chomp on some roses some time, just so I can say yes.

Oh Rose Petal Jam.. I quite like it. I think I asked at the factory whether it was fine for veegun, but can't remember.

Beerenberg make nice things.

Bought some Tahini and some "brazilian, almond and cashew" spread today.. my mum bought 3 more blocks of white sweet william.. I swear.. bahahha. This is getting ridiculous.

Oh and I got some 'Vitasoy' Rice milk enriched with b12. (their oat milk is great) I was strangely chuffed to find it. I had a blood test before I went to renmark to play in a tennis tournament (I have only had hits with family and friends before, and was expecting some late nights and drinking, so wanted to get it done right before I left).. and got a message back  'don't be alarmed by your results, just will have to retest some time'.. they didn't turn up in the post.. so I am guessing I am not dead yet. And nothing critical is going on. Anyone think it is worth testing for VitaminD (the sunny one?). _  o// apparently your mind can explode, and your head can implode into a galactic smog factory if you don't see enough sun vitamins on your exterior organ.

I am still brain storming what (extremely) raw thing I have if ever eaten. A feijoa might be the closest, but I took it from the tree first.

Anyone else?

And to be helpful: http://goneraw.com/
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
4 14 Jun 2011
I'm planning on trying to go 70% raw when summer starts again, but I don't think I'd ever go totally raw.
ReplyQuote

5 14 Jun 2011
How does one gauge the percentile of their rawness?
Also, can I borrow these mathematicians at some point to devise an equation for social unrest in relation to the economy, and simplify out the cause using algebraic solutions?

I'd be much appreciative, as I don't have the knowhow, just the concept in mind.
ReplyQuote

psychokitten psychokitten QLD Posts: 340
6 14 Jun 2011
I'm vegan for ethical reasons, and have been Raw in the past, but that was for health.
Is there an extra ethical/some other reason to be Raw?
What made you make the switch?
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
7 15 Jun 2011
psychokitten said:
I'm vegan for ethical reasons, and have been Raw in the past, but that was for health.
Is there an extra ethical/some other reason to be Raw?
What made you make the switch?
I am not a raw vegan, but having thought about it the ethical considerations i can come up with is by definition excluding all processed foods which means your avoiding the majority of emulsifiers and GM foods (the problem with GM products is all of them are tested on animals for toxins). Another benefit would be how easy it is to eat vegan across borders/countries, if your using raw fruits/vegetables then you don't have to be worried about companies sneaking in any hidden ingredients for the majority of foods.
ReplyQuote

8 15 Jun 2011
Edit: sneaking in ingredients?
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
9 15 Jun 2011
Casper.s2 said:
Edit: sneaking in ingredients?
Yeah my mistake lol, should of been "worried about companies sneaking in any hidden ingredients for the majority of foods" and it's referring to companies using umbrella terms like "natural flavors" or using animal byproducts/ingredients in production.
ReplyQuote

10 15 Jun 2011
Oh yeah. It is.. really a mess. Our mass of regulation.. gets exported.. and this.. complete lack of.. humane standard we allow in with open arms/mouths/wallets.

I don't get it .. at all.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au