Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Helga's bread

Help please

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

James misty calvaruso James misty calvaruso NSW Posts: 77
1 17 Jun 2011
Hey guys, I have heard that Helgas bread is vegan but am still unsure confused Does anyone know if Helgas bread is 100% vegan and if so what types?

Thanx guys
ReplyQuote

Shavvy Shavvy QLD Posts: 178
2 17 Jun 2011
Helgas is vegan, all of them. Most breads are vegan. You just have to read the ingredients.
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
3 17 Jun 2011
Health facts:
Lactose free
Contains no artificial preservatives
Contains no animal fats
Is suitable for vegetarians and vegans

Taken from:

http://www.goodmanfielder.com.au/index.php?q=node/21
ReplyQuote

nev nev WA Posts: 51
4 17 Jun 2011
Emulsifier 471 or E471, that may be a culprit, check to see if it's listed.

From http://www.mbm.net.au/health/400-495.htm : Synthetic fats, produced from glycerol and natural fatty acids, mainly from plant origin, but also fats of animal origin may be used.

Most breads that I've eaten since turning vegan have been organic, however I did pick up a non organic loaf of bread the other day which listed E471 but stated that it did not contain any animal fats.

My 2c is to simply buy organic (after checking ingredients), or make your own

mmm could do with some toast topped with Nuttelex at the moment happy

Edit: Lol beaten to it happy
ReplyQuote

James misty calvaruso James misty calvaruso NSW Posts: 77
5 17 Jun 2011
Thank you guys so much, I have been searching for a vegan bred for ages, as making my own is time consuming.Thanks again :ecstatic
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
6 17 Jun 2011
James misty calvaruso said:
Thank you guys so much, I have been searching for a vegan bred for ages, as making my own is time consuming.Thanks again :ecstatic
It reaaallllyyy doesn't take that long- and tastes so much better
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
7 17 Jun 2011
YUM. Helga's Soy & Linseed is the best! its thick & chewy and those little yellow seeds have the perfect texture....the mild soy taste mmmmmmm :p

I love nuttelex ! im on original atm but will def try them all !
seriously butter should be like cancelled out ! =D
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
8 18 Jun 2011
On the bread discussion...my mum has been using our bread maker and making our own bread because it's cheaper.

Turns out she's been putting milk powder in them all!! Did not bother to mention it to me! She reckons all bread have milk in them and that im being a bit obsessive:-/

Does anyone have any vegan homemade bread recipes that don't turn out like rocks??
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
9 18 Jun 2011
EarthDefender said:
Turns out she's been putting milk powder in them all!! Did not bother to mention it to me! She reckons all bread have milk in them and that im being a bit obsessive:-/
Most store bought breads don't have milk in them, but all the recipes that came with my breadmaker say milk powder as well confused I don't understand why bread needs milk powder!
These recipes may help http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=201.0
Have you tried leaving the milk powder out? Or you could always buy soy milk powder?
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
10 18 Jun 2011
I think she just figured ignorance is bliss. I might start making or buying my own bread now. It's just a tad annoying ashamed2
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au