Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I need help with these questions!!!!!!

HELP PLEASE BEST ANSWERS WANTED!!

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Moo Moo Moo Moo VIC Posts: 43
1 20 Jun 2011
Why is live animals exported instead of being processed in Australia?

What impact would a live export ban have on australian farmers?

thank you for helping  happy
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 20 Jun 2011
wELL, First, you could google it

And then, I think because its cheaper, cause it would cost a lot to freeze all that meat, and the people like the animals 'fresh'
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
3 20 Jun 2011
In short, like Pegs said, it's cheaper. (honestly they should be caring about animal welfare and not money)
And what would happen to farmers? Who cares! (lol) Of course they would get another job, possibly farming something new like Vegetables, Fruit, Wheat.
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
4 20 Jun 2011
Apparently farmers are threatening to commit suicide over this, because this is their life and they have nothing else.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 20 Jun 2011
meh said:
Apparently farmers are threatening to commit suicide over this, because this is their life and they have nothing else.
They don't care about animal life, why should we care about human life?
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
6 20 Jun 2011
meh said:
What a stupid standoff. That is a lose/lose situation for them.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
7 20 Jun 2011
heh. I hate to think about the farmers isolated on their large properties that know nothing but the farmlife.. struggling.. seeing their crops dying due to weather and all that... and it is pretty sad to imagine that it is such a strain and stress on their lives that it drives them towards suicide.......

but then........for those who are condemming these animals to death.. it does seem odd to think about one farmer dying .. when his life is dedicated to pumping out a constant stream of animals to be killed. ... yea.. as an animal lover, I just can't even put a farmer's life over that of those innocent animals who have no access to help or choice in their life.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
8 20 Jun 2011
Tanyaka said:
heh. I hate to think about the farmers isolated on their large properties that know nothing but the farmlife.. struggling.. seeing their crops dying due to weather and all that... and it is pretty sad to imagine that it is such a strain and stress on their lives that it drives them towards suicide.......

but then........for those who are condemming these animals to death.. it does seem odd to think about one farmer dying .. when his life is dedicated to pumping out a constant stream of animals to be killed. ... yea.. as an animal lover, I just can't even put a farmer's life over that of those innocent animals who have no access to help or choice in their life.
I agree with the second paragraph. They think they're so hard done by because the industry has a TINY relapse, but yet they're killing thousands beyond thousands of animals. No sympathy. They're getting all emotional about it, when they can GET ANOTHER JOB.. But they can't even seem to fathom the hurt they put on animals.. I have no respect for them, what so ever.
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
9 20 Jun 2011
they dont have fridges in indonesia.
As far as I know, when the animal gets there they go to the feed lots/.
later on they are sent to slaughter.

I imagine that they only kill what they can sell. There would be no point killing them all at the same time if their weren't enough buyers because the meat would just sit there and rot.
ReplyQuote

Baycie Baycie QLD Posts: 12
10 20 Jun 2011
One reason animals are not processed here, is because some countries don't agree with the way they are processed here. For example some religions require animals to be killed in a certain way.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au