Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Detoxing

Has anyone done any and can give their experiences?

1 - 10 of 10 posts

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
1 21 Jun 2011
I've been eating a lot of poo food whilst preparing for my walk (shiploads of carbs like chips pasta, more chips etc).

Just want to get rid of my salty food/chip craving and start eating health again...
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
2 21 Jun 2011
Lots of vegetable soups and fruit smoothies. Lots of water.

Or just make a healthy food plan and stick to it, doesn't take long for the body to forget the cravings and start loving healthy food again.

edit: I think bananas are meant to be good for people craving salt.
ReplyQuote

EarthDefender EarthDefender QLD Posts: 270
3 21 Jun 2011
I'll do everything else, but bananas to me, are the most foulest thing on the planet!!!wink
ReplyQuote

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
4 21 Jun 2011
But some 'detox tea', not a weight loss tea, one that has fennel, milk thistle, dandelion, licorice root, nettle, lemon, ginger or any combination of the above. Nothing with caffeine or chemical names listed. Only botanical names and/or common names.

Drink lots of it.
Drink lots of water.

No caffeine, no processed food, no sugar. No tea, only herbal tea, at least for the first few days.

Stick to fruit and veg, mostly raw for a day, max 2 days, then shift onto wholegrains, legumes etc. and shift slowly back onto your regular diet.

Simple.
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
5 21 Jun 2011
EarthDefender said:
I'll do everything else, but bananas to me, are the most foulest thing on the planet!!!wink
WHAT???!!!scared
I don't like bananas on their own too much, but I absolute LOVE banana cake, muffins, smoothies, on top of cereal, in porridge..mmm! pig

As for the detox, I would say raw, natural, preferably organic foods. Green Smoothies, salads, soups, etc.
The book Skinny B*tch has some good tips on staying healthy and also on detoxes. happy
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
6 27 Jun 2011
SKINNY B*TCH!
I love that book :33
It's what turned me vegan, the chapter about the animal cruelty and stuff!
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
7 28 Jun 2011
le gabrielle said:
SKINNY B*TCH!
I love that book :33
It's what turned me vegan, the chapter about the animal cruelty and stuff!
Yeah it's great! It definitely does use 'Tough Love' (i.e. calls you a lazy sh*t, etc.) ,but it is very inspiring and some bits are just plain hilarious (obviously not the bits about animal cruelty. More like the start of the chapter on dairy when it says "Go suck your mother's t*ts. Go on. Think that's strange? Well, it is." [or something along those lines]) laugh
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
8 4 Jul 2012
Oh my gosh yes that was my favourite part XD
ReplyQuote

Tobii Tobii VIC Posts: 21
9 5 Jul 2012
I've done it a number of times when I start feeling sluggish/bloated from too many chips and sugary things. Usually I drink plenty of tea and eat mostly berries and drink extra fruit/vegetable juices. Works quite well for me.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
10 5 Jul 2012
Detoxing is something your liver does naturally over the course of one to two weeks, but obviously it helps if you aren't putting new toxins in.

So, cut out junk food, I find it helps to start the day on a high note, so I usually have a fruit smoothie for breakfast, for the first couple of days I endeavour to only eat raw food, and then from then on I make sure everything I eat is home-cooked, well balanced and healthy.

The hardest thing to to kick is salt, I find. That's how people find themselves so addicted to fast food.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au