Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Winter blues..

Let the sun shine through!

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Tarzi Tarzi VIC Posts: 222
1 26 Jul 2011
I get pretty down in the winter, theres not a lot I can do to pull myself up by the bootstraps except draw. I cling to it all winter like it's my security blanket.

When the spring comes back, and the sun starts to shine undeniably bright, it's like a spiritual experience for me! The flowers come back, the birds come back and I come out of my metaphorical burrow! I feel like I see clearer, hear clearer and everything smells great like old leaves mingled with fresh green grass!

It's so good!

This year is especially good! I'm pushing myself to do new things, and to not be so afraid of what people think of me and just reach for what I want.
This is very hard for me, a person who lived most of her life sad-driven, but slowly I am finding my footing.

I am very much a new kid here on this website (oh my gosh what a welcoming committee!), but I am settling in and sticking around! It's a great website. It is full of good people and killer design. My two favorite things!

happy
ReplyQuote

DaveQB DaveQB NSW Posts: 287
2 26 Jul 2011
Welcome!

It is interesting how people react differently to the weather.
I for one get excited for the winter and thoroughly enjoy it  ecstatic. I cringe when Summer is on its way  sad .
ReplyQuote

3 26 Jul 2011
DaveQB said:
Welcome!

It is interesting how people react differently to the weather.
I for one get excited for the winter and thoroughly enjoy it  ecstatic. I cringe when Summer is on its way  sad .
Lol, just asking. Why do you cringe when summer is on it's way? And yes, I think it's really funny the way people and animals act because of the weather.
My cat sleeps all day when it's winter lol happy
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 26 Jul 2011
I can't stand winter. Everything dies. And my poor birds! Thats all I can think about!
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 26 Jul 2011
When it's winter, all i think is "bring on summer!" when its boiling hot, im sweatin like a pig, and stink real bad- im thinkin "bring on winter!"
I think the only season that suits me is spring, not to hot not to cold. This weather also makes me miserable. It plays on my emotions massively. It's like 24/7 pms hahah. I get emotional really easily, and get upset instantly. And because i hate leaving the house in this weather, im house bound, and that makes me claustrophobic D:
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
6 26 Jul 2011
You should be saying 'bring on global warming' then.. hehe.

Yeah I like winter. Sorry all.

I love the rain.. and the storms and the warmth of snug hoodies and blankets and glowing radiance.

Summer... I only like the rain and warm nights.

boop
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
7 26 Jul 2011
Casper.s2 said:

I love the rain.. and the storms and the warmth of snug hoodies and blankets and glowing radiance.

boop
Ohhh i love storms, and it raining when im in bed cuddling up to cargo with the heater on gettin all snuggly. But no other time hahah
ReplyQuote

8 26 Jul 2011
Pegs said:
I can't stand winter. Everything dies. And my poor birds! Thats all I can think about!
I know what you mean, remember when I had budgies. If ONE died my dad totally took it out on me and made me feel even worse. And then I got depressed happy

And he used to have pidgeons, if one died...HE LEFT IT IN THERE!!! And he thinks I am a horrible bird keeper! So I don't want ot get a cockatoo anymore sad
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
9 26 Jul 2011
I get the Winter blues every year. I really do thrive of the warm sun and daylight savings. There's nothing better than wandering around Melbourne at night with your friends when it's warm and everyone is in a good mood.
Everything is negative about winter. I hate it.
I think when I'm older I'm just going to go overseas every Winter. I'll escape to Hawaii or something tongue
ReplyQuote

10 26 Jul 2011
Casper.s2 said:

boop
Don't you love it when it's a cold night and you get a blanket out of the drier and it's snuggly happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au