Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan School Shoes?

Can anyone help?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Animals are the Best Animals are the Best SA Posts: 5
1 31 Jul 2011
Well, I'm moving to a new highschool which forces students to where the "school accepted" shoes. They are leather and I am completely again leather/wool/etc.

My feet are quite small, so does anyone know where I can get male vegan shoes?

Thanks happy
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 31 Jul 2011
volleys are vegan and you can get the from big W or target :3
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 31 Jul 2011
Kmart, Target, Big W, Payless, Spendless, etc. happy You might need to check labels and such but most will be synthetic, not leather.

If you have a larger budget there's always Vegan Wares, that's in Melbourne though, I'm not sure about anywhere in SA. Good luck happy
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
4 1 Aug 2011
shanii said:
volleys are vegan and you can get the from big W or target :3
I was about to add, the term they normally use is black lace up shoes, so I bought volleys, and as much as they wanted to deny me being able to wear said shoes, they couldn't as they match said description of black lace up shoes. tongue If it says leather in the rule book, write down the genuine, well argued reasons why you don't wear leather, and discuss it with your principle. They can't force you to wear or consume anything that is against your beliefs. peace
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
5 1 Aug 2011
i have the same issue at my school, so i got volleys to start the year. but then they banned canvas shoes and said they HAD to be leather. so i was like o_o, no way am I wearing leather shoes. Spendless has some that are around $20 i think, and they're slip-ons but still fully enclosed leather-looking shoes. or the billabong factory near mine had synthetic black lace-ups on for 2 for $30 in the holidays, hell yeah :3
good luck!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au