Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Wedding

place to put the cards

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

Desiree Desiree SA Posts: 35
1 4 Aug 2011
Hi all,
Im getting married (woo!) and have searched online for vegan and eco friendly ideas and would love some help.  Its traditional to have a "wishing well" for guests to put their cards in, but I find that idea tacky.

I really like the look of rustic and antique bird cages but I dont like what they represent.  If any one has any ideas I would love to hear them,

I know especially how creative young people can be, so any other ideas you have for invitations, gifts for guests etc, please let me know!

Thanks a lot for having a read! love
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 4 Aug 2011
CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you! Well, my mum was telling about the wedding a friend has…it was funny, she had the wedding in her backyard, and all the food was set out on plates, and put on logs, and then she had elf and fairy statures every where, and it looked like a fairy garden! happy She also walked around barefoot in her dress, and everyone that came just came in their normal clothes, mostly because they didn't have a lot of money at the time happy

Thats what I imagine my wedding to be, but do you like the idea of the logs with food on them? happy Will you post pics when you get married?!
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
3 4 Aug 2011
we had a wishing tree for guests to write quotes or any notes and then you plant the tree with the nots after the wedding.
as for the wishing well we just made a box but then i dont mind the wishing well thing
my sister in law had an actual mini well which was pretty cute.

but you might find ideas on this site

http://weddinggawker.com/

congratulations and good luck with the planning!
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 4 Aug 2011
Pegs said:
CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you! Well, my mum was telling about the wedding a friend has…it was funny, she had the wedding in her backyard, and all the food was set out on plates, and put on logs, and then she had elf and fairy statures every where, and it looked like a fairy garden! happy She also walked around barefoot in her dress, and everyone that came just came in their normal clothes, mostly because they didn't have a lot of money at the time happy

Thats what I imagine my wedding to be, but do you like the idea of the logs with food on them? happy Will you post pics when you get married?!
OH WOOPS! I just read that you wanted a place to put the cards happy Logs wink
ReplyQuote

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
5 4 Aug 2011
One of my friends had guests bring flowers from their gardens - on the tables there were empty glass 200ml soda bottles (she works at a bar so it was easy to gather them) with water in them and the guests filled them as they arrived. Cheap, eco-friendly and novel.

For a birthday recently another friend had simple invitations printed on plain recycled paper, and pasted them onto used playing cards.
ReplyQuote

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
6 4 Aug 2011
Wishing well ideas:

- you can buy (make yourself) planters made from wine barrels, they're really lovely, rustic and earthy.
- You could have fairly spindly potted tree and have people peg their cards to it (with wooden pegs.)
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 6 Aug 2011
Can't help with ideas, but just wanted to say Congrats Desiree!

I like the wine barrel and pegging cards on tree idea.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
8 6 Aug 2011
I just thought of how we used to decorate the house for xmas. We used to hang tinsel across the house from one wall to another, and drape the cards over them.. I dont know what could be used for a wedding, but having them hanging like that- or as said, by pegs would be kinda cool .. and you could do it in a really artsy kinda way
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
9 6 Aug 2011
you could have cute bunting up around the room and buy those mini wooden pegs and let everyone know they can pin their cars n stuff on there
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
10 6 Aug 2011
Do an outdoor wedding and pick a tree with low branches that people can hang (with ribbon) their wish cards on. Take photos at the end under their well wishes happy I would use fairy lights on the tree and get the people to hang their cards from a bulb. Would also have white bows in the tree.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au