Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

L'Oreal - Work

1 - 8 of 8 posts

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
1 17 Aug 2011
So I model a bit and i recently has a gig with L'Oreal.

Two things, I feel a bit uncomfortable promoting a company that I KNOW tests on animals and isn't vegan (I'm vegan.)

I don't quite know what to do with all the free products they give me. I've managed to get all my bath products and cosmetics vegan and cruelty-free and now there's this...

Thoughts?
ReplyQuote

bitchanca bitchanca VIC Posts: 117
2 17 Aug 2011
have you already done the gig or can you just not accept the job?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
3 17 Aug 2011
bitchanca said:
have you already done the gig or can you just not accept the job?
Maybe you could just give all the products to the salvos or something?
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
4 17 Aug 2011
give the stuff away to your friends? if they get it for free off you they won't be handing their money over to L'oreal

or sell it all on ebay and spend the money on vegan goodies
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 17 Aug 2011
if i soldl the products id have it with a *loreal test on animals thingy* on the page
just to get it out there. haha

ummm i would confront them. and ask them why the hell they test on animals. tell em there are tonnes of ppl who would be guinea pigs . i wish they would hire people to get tested on i know tonnes of people who would do it.

my self included haha
ReplyQuote

Bee Bee SA Posts: 58
6 17 Aug 2011
Do what you feel is right.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
7 18 Aug 2011
Personally I'm not sure I'd accept the work in the first place.. but after the fact I'd probably give the products to the salvos or something like that. That way the money paid for them will be going to a good place.
ReplyQuote

Desiree Desiree SA Posts: 35
8 18 Aug 2011
Its hard, especially when its in your line of work, Im a teacher and hate that the science teachers still use pigs hearts in experiment and the kids raise sheep and goats just so they can be slaughtered at the royal show.  I give away any freebies but let people know why I wont use it so it gets them thinking.

When you have regular modeling work you can probably be a bit picky about what you accept nd what you do.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au