Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Homelessness :(

It's so sad.

1 - 10 of 163 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

Tarzi Tarzi VIC Posts: 222
1 19 Aug 2011
Poor homeless people, there are so many out there! There are about 120,000 people without homes. And 40,000 of them are kids under 25. They sleep in abandoned buildings and park benches.   cry

Homeless people rely on the generosity and compassion of strangers.
What you  see as trash or garbage they see as food or a warm coat. Homeless people form families among themselves, instead of being born into one.
They sometimes share among themselves if they have anything, while you and me are embarrassed to be seen, digging through a trash can for food, clothing or some basic need. They can get rid of their embarrassment and do what they have to do to make it through the day.

I feel so sorry for them sad
We are all so lucky to have houses and food!!! This makes me appreciate what I have.
ReplyQuote

2 19 Aug 2011
And some mean selfish people pretend to be homeless just to get money!   angry
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
3 19 Aug 2011
Heaps of stories here, and I found it a really interesting read http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoneth/143289116/in/photostream/
The photo this link goes to first really got to me. You'd see that guy on the street you know, and probably judge him without ever knowing his mum was a hooker, his dad a junkie and both killed themselves when he was just five, just a baby. So sad.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 19 Aug 2011
as much as i was never rich or anything i am very blessed to be raised where i have been and the first time i went to melbourne in st kilda i think it was for a concert at the Palais , there was homeless people on the sidewalk, holding out there hands and everyone just walks on by ....

"Have you seen the old girl who walks the streets of london?
Dirt in her hair, and her clothes in rags?
Shes no time for talkin noo
she just keeps right on walking
carrying her home, in two carrier baaaaaags"

Love streets of london. the song is so beautoful and gets peoples attention. ive been listening to since age 6 (glen campbell version) and it has opened my mind right up!

"let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of london,
Ill show you something, to make you change your mind"

i should make a remix ".....through the abattoirs of indonesia, ill show you something to makwe you change your mind"
and in the backround "Julia Gillard" in the style of that dance song where they repeat "Barbara stresand
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
6 19 Aug 2011
Awww, that is really beautiful. And you can see how much the dogs loves it happy
ReplyQuote

7 19 Aug 2011
ReplyQuote

veganx veganx QLD Posts: 200
8 20 Aug 2011
I know you guys are young, and its really sweet you think like this. But alot of people got themselves into these bad situations.. And alot of them are not nice. Last week one of my friends was bashed and almost raped by a homeless person. There are a big group of them near my work. My friend was lucky 2 guys were near by and rescued her. But yeah those homeless people constantly yell abuse at by passers. And i know they have tried to follow other girls from my work.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
9 20 Aug 2011
tersh xvx said:
I know you guys are young, and its really sweet you think like this. But alot of people got themselves into these bad situations.. And alot of them are not nice. Last week one of my friends was bashed and almost raped by a homeless person. There are a big group of them near my work. My friend was lucky 2 guys were near by and rescued her. But yeah those homeless people constantly yell abuse at by passers. And i know they have tried to follow other girls from my work.
i have herd simmilar storys befor, when me and my friends went on a weekend trip to sydney to see 30 secnds to mars, this home-less person followed us for 10 minutes, and if we went into a shop and would stand outside and wait for us, we started to get really freaked out. he then pestered us for change, he had a sign that said " i need $$ so i can buy booze" we didnt give him any at all. but he finally stopped following us. thankfully.
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
10 20 Aug 2011
shanii said:
tersh xvx said:
i have herd simmilar storys befor, when me and my friends went on a weekend trip to sydney to see 30 secnds to mars, this home-less person followed us for 10 minutes, and if we went into a shop and would stand outside and wait for us, we started to get really freaked out. he then pestered us for change, he had a sign that said " i need $$ so i can buy booze" we didnt give him any at all. but he finally stopped following us. thankfully.
Are you guys for real? You're speaking about "the homeless" as if they were another species or something. Replace "homeless" with "blacks" and re-read what you both wrote... what do you see? Please try not to stereotype people, it's unfair and misleading. Your stereotyping reduces individuals to a rigid, inflexible image without accounting for the fact that individuals are complex and multidimensional, with unique attributes. Stereotypes about human beings are dehumanising.

They're just people like you and me who had a less fortunate sequence of events in their lives. Some people who are homeless should otherwise be in fulltime care but due to severe inadequacies within our mental health care system they are left living on on the street. Some are very young kids with no where to go, some WERE once very young kids with nowhere to go. The list goes on...

ETA if I lived on the street for fifty years I doubt I'd come accross as very "nice" and I suspect  I'd want money for booze too.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au