Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I think I'm turning into a vegetarian...

REALLY

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Tarzi Tarzi VIC Posts: 222
1 24 Aug 2011
I don't know why but, meat disgusts me now....Sometimes when I see a steak or a sausage..I feel sick... Even pasta with meat in it disgusts me...I always want to eat Neapolitan-a over real traditional pasta sauce.

I think I'm changing...

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 24 Aug 2011
well AWESOME!! that is a good thing, even if you aren't allowed to go full vego, just saying that you don't like to eat meat…AWESOME!!! happy
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
3 24 Aug 2011
Unleashed Admin
Congrats Tarzi! That's great news. If you need any advice, feel free to post questions. There's almost always someone on here who has gone through similar experiences and can help you out wink
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
4 24 Aug 2011
clap

When I first went veg, I had occasional meat cravings (mostly fish) for about a month or so. Slowly I stopped getting any cravings and the smell of meat did nothing for me.
Then the smell and sight started to repulse me (still does). Walking past a butchery makes me feel like vomiting. The smell of raw dead flesh is so terrible. Even when it's cooked it smells bad.
It's the same with eggs. I can't stand the smell of eggs. Unfortunatly, my kids like fried eggs and the smell fills the house. Yuck.
My body and mind has changed alot since going veg. I really like the new me.

Even if you're not quite veg, it sounds like you're on your way there. It probably feels weird to you at first, but it is a good change.
peace_out
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 24 Aug 2011
do the 'mock'meats disgust you? Like the sanitarium sausages and verything. I love all those (well the ones without egg white happy ha

you sound like my dad (i mention him every like 3rd post right haha)
After being diagnosed with DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and a PE (pulmonary embolism) he said he was just turned off meat - especially red meat happy
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
6 25 Aug 2011
I was pescetarian (no meat besides seafood) for a year before going vegetarian, there is no rush in the transition, it is the best feeling once you finally eliminate all meat out of your life however, and i can't begin to imagine how the vegans feel, which soon enough I shall be too. clap
Welcome to the family! tongue and like Jesse said, everyone here is more than happy to answer any curious questions you may have, and support whenever things may get tough, one of us is bound to have experience in almost any dilemma!
Well done and goodluck! beaverhug
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 25 Aug 2011
That's awesome Tarzi! clap

When I made the reasilisation that what I was eating was an animal it disgusted me and I gave up right then and there.

As someone mentioned, mock meats are fantastic for the transition stage. Not to mention post transition! They're so yummy! wink

There are so many vegetarian dishes, you won't get stuck for ideas! Perhaps buy a cookbook to give you ideas.

Just remember to do your research what nutrients you need.

Good luck! happy
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
8 25 Aug 2011
That's awessssssssommmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Meat makes me feel sick. ( When i was actually eating it ) and i just loved animals so much, i knew i needed to change!

Just a quick question to everyone. Is it like ' ok ' for a vegetarian or vegan to smell meat? I mean do most vegetarians do that?

My friend went vegetarian. Not for animals, for her health, and she smeeeeeeeeeelllllllls meat all the time, and she wont stop. Um, im not asking if it's ' OK ', but do most vegetarians do that? I don't though.
ReplyQuote

sonia1 sonia1 United States Posts: 8
9 25 Aug 2011
Tarzi said:
I don't know why but, meat disgusts me now....Sometimes when I see a steak or a sausage..I feel sick... Even pasta with meat in it disgusts me...I always want to eat Neapolitan-a over real traditional pasta sauce.

I think I'm changing...
i have the same wish but i cant control myself..........
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
10 25 Aug 2011
sonia1 said:
Tarzi said:

I think I'm changing...
i have the same wish but i cant control myself..........
huh? What do you mean?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au