Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Scientifically made meat...

Would you eat it?

1 - 10 of 41 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Tarzi Tarzi VIC Posts: 222
1 1 Sep 2011
Did you hear on the radio? They are going to be making meat, but not with animals and they are asking vegetarians and vegans, if they would eat it. It al sounds kinda stupid to me, you can'y make flesh and meat out of chemicals.

Well, maybe you could...

And just think about how they are going to test this! They might be using animals to test their new invention!  scared
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
2 1 Sep 2011
I wouldn't, going vegan has steered me toward more natural living, I don't even like buying mock meats (so processed and you don't need them to make good food) so I would extend that to artificial meat.

I'd be happy if somehow they invented a synthetic hormone free milk t make cheese out of, or synthetic casein for soy cheese.
ReplyQuote

SheSang SheSang QLD Posts: 17
3 1 Sep 2011
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/05/16/330421_cattle.html

With synthetic meat (hopefully) making its way to our shelves, Ill definitely be one of the first to try it out.
Unfortunately, just like every so-called solution, there is always a price.
The downside being that if it starts to gain speed, the livestock industry would have to compete in some way. Possible by increasing production and as we all know, increased production means nastier conditions for the animals.
It also could also mean a decrease in jobs.
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
4 1 Sep 2011
SheSang said:
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/05/16/330421_cattle.html

With synthetic meat (hopefully) making its way to our shelves, Ill definitely be one of the first to try it out.
Unfortunately, just like every so-called solution, there is always a price.
The downside being that if it starts to gain speed, the livestock industry would have to compete in some way. Possible by increasing production and as we all know, increased production means nastier conditions for the animals.
It also could also mean a decrease in jobs.
they can go work in meat growing labs
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
5 1 Sep 2011
Nah, I wouldn't eat it. A lot of the mock meat stuff tastes like fish, so I think that that would too
ReplyQuote

Pinkhotstar Pinkhotstar QLD Posts: 163
7 1 Sep 2011
When are people going to learn, if you screw with nature, it will screw you back.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
8 1 Sep 2011
nahh i would not eat it. i dont fee like im going without anything like people think most vegans do, i dont like meat. and i wouldnt touch fake stuff either.

EDIT: i thought you were talking about the lab grown meat like i was reading about those chicken muscles peta wants people to make. THAT i wouldnt eat.

i think your article was reffering to the mock meats i eat now like the 'vegie suasages'and burgers etc. I DO eat those , not because of a meat replacemnet but because i like them and they have minerals etc
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
9 1 Sep 2011
Pinkhotstar said:
When are people going to learn, if you screw with nature, it will screw you back.
This could save the lives of so many animals. This is very unnatural of course but its for the greater good. You can't be against the greater good of this, can you?
ReplyQuote

Michelle 2.0 Michelle 2.0 QLD Posts: 42
10 1 Sep 2011
I would only eat lab grown meat if it was somehow proved more ecologically sustainable than my current vegan diet. That aside, I wouldn't. I prefer to show people that it is possible to live healthily without meat altogether, to break down their preconceived misconceptions. In that respect, I also try not to eat too many fake-meats or too many soy products, because they are really processed, and I don't like the idea of just substituting cheese with fake-cheese, yoghurt with fake-yoghurt etc etc.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au