Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Being picked on for being veggo

tipps needed :)

1 - 10 of 25 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Cailyn Cailyn QLD Posts: 167
1 4 Sep 2011
So , im a highschool student and all of the smart bottom people that go to my school always tend to pick and question and pretty much tease me being a vegetarian.
Im a bit sick of it and i can never come up with good comebacks , i also have 3 brothers :/ and a dad that sometimes has a go at me aswell. I used to never be quiet offended by it , but i guess its just getting annoying .. as well as in cooking class when everyones like what the eff is that :/ .. tips or guides ?  peace_out
ReplyQuote

kikumeri kikumeri SA Posts: 46
2 4 Sep 2011
Wow that sucks! People can be so unkind, maybe just tell them to stop being so rude xD
ReplyQuote

Melceee Melceee SA Posts: 2
3 4 Sep 2011
You'll go through life and realise that no matter what you do, you'll always have people judging you. You can try and live life the way others expect you to, or you can be yourself and accept that you stand for something different. My whole family was shocked and taken aback when I made the pledge four years ago, and in that four years so much has changed. My own sister and mother who were confused about why I made the decision, now fully support me, and they themselves have decided to give up meat. Even my dad has come accustomed to substituting veg options for meat in favorite meals. There is no doubt that it takes time, but if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Keep going, never give up. Not everyone will understand you're choice, but as long as you know why you've made this decision, then you'll be fine. Everyone wants to be accepted in life, by their peers, and family. But if people can't accept you for who you are they aren't worth it. I've lost friends, and gained real ones, people who love the fact that I am so passionate about animal and their rights. I've been an influence in my own family and friend's choices, and that makes me happy. Do things that make you happy, and try not to focus on what other people think. All the best, it's worth every step!
ReplyQuote

follz follz NSW Posts: 105
4 4 Sep 2011
A few things (hopefully helpful):

-Ask them if they would eat their pet. When you get the obvious answer, say you apply that reasoning to include all animals.
-Ask them what they find so appealing about the cut up corpse of a dismembered animal. If they say taste (the usual insipid, immature response), just say I'm sure you pet would be tasty too, why not eat that?
-Ask them why they think eating hen periods, cow secretions and bee vomit appealing and not revolting. Tell them they engage in bestiality several times a day if they eat such things.
-If they eat dairy, ask them if they were driving along and they saw a cow in a paddock, would they then stop, hop out, jump the fence and attempt to suck on the cows udder.
-Give them a copy of Earthlings.

I know high school kids are incredibly immature and a lot of these responses will be more than likely lost on most of them, but try to keep your cool. Be witty, be sarcastic and never let them get you down.

They only pick on you because, deep down, you show up their lifestyle for what it is: disgusting, immoral, unethical and selfish beyond belief.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
5 5 Sep 2011
How do you react when they tease you?? They may just want to get a rise out of you.

I'd just say "i'm my business and has nothing to do with you" and ignore it.
ReplyQuote

Margaret3 Margaret3 SA Posts: 4
6 5 Sep 2011
If anyone has an opinion just tell them you have your reasons. I usually say, Your opinion of me is none of MY business!
ReplyQuote

DaveQB DaveQB NSW Posts: 287
7 5 Sep 2011
follz said:
A few things (hopefully helpful):

-Ask them if they would eat their pet. When you get the obvious answer, say you apply that reasoning to include all animals.
-Ask them what they find so appealing about the cut up corpse of a dismembered animal. If they say taste (the usual insipid, immature response), just say I'm sure you pet would be tasty too, why not eat that?
-Ask them why they think eating hen periods, cow secretions and bee vomit appealing and not revolting. Tell them they engage in bestiality several times a day if they eat such things.
-If they eat dairy, ask them if they were driving along and they saw a cow in a paddock, would they then stop, hop out, jump the fence and attempt to suck on the cows udder.
-Give them a copy of Earthlings.

I know high school kids are incredibly immature and a lot of these responses will be more than likely lost on most of them, but try to keep your cool. Be witty, be sarcastic and never let them get you down.

They only pick on you because, deep down, you show up their lifestyle for what it is: disgusting, immoral, unethical and selfish beyond belief.
The exact type of list I was going to post  funny

Point 1 is a great one and can lead down a whole path of discussion.
I enjoy and generally win out anyone who tries to argue with me on these matters. Having facts in your head about the topic makes you aren't to defeat for most people who has a go but without any real knowledge or prior study on the matter.

But I fear that these people aren't into getting into a discussion or debate and rather just out to have a laugh without any reason put into it at all. That is hard to deal with.

As the saying goes:
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"
ReplyQuote

8 5 Sep 2011
Melceee said:
You'll go through life and realise that no matter what you do, you'll always have people judging you. You can try and live life the way others expect you to, or you can be yourself and accept that you stand for something different. My whole family was shocked and taken aback when I made the pledge four years ago, and in that four years so much has changed. My own sister and mother who were confused about why I made the decision, now fully support me, and they themselves have decided to give up meat. Even my dad has come accustomed to substituting veg options for meat in favorite meals. There is no doubt that it takes time, but if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Keep going, never give up. Not everyone will understand you're choice, but as long as you know why you've made this decision, then you'll be fine. Everyone wants to be accepted in life, by their peers, and family. But if people can't accept you for who you are they aren't worth it. I've lost friends, and gained real ones, people who love the fact that I am so passionate about animal and their rights. I've been an influence in my own family and friend's choices, and that makes me happy. Do things that make you happy, and try not to focus on what other people think. All the best, it's worth every step!
LOVE the message in this. I agree and am having a similar experience on the home front.
ReplyQuote

9 5 Sep 2011
I love Gary's speech.

At this point you might find some info to help you cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4&feature=player_detailpage#t=1513s

Watch for about 6mins from this point or so.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
10 5 Sep 2011
A few comebacks:

"What do you eat?"  
"Sticks at the moment, once I'm a level 8 though I can live off air."

"Do you have vegan powers?"  
"Yes.  Stop thinking that."

"Animals eat meat."  
"Animals roll in their own urine, do you do that too?"

"It's natural to eat meat."  
"It's natural to rape and kill, but I evolved, maybe one day you will too."

“Where do you get your protein?”
“From eating people who ask me that.”

“what do you eat at restaurants?”
My napkin.

“I don’t understand how you can not eat meat.”  
“I don’t understand how you can”.

wink

EDIT: This may help too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpmk93jl6AQ&feature=related
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au