Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Dogs and Islam

wow

1 - 10 of 43 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
1 19 Sep 2011
I came across a few videos about islamic teachings and keeping dogs are pets. Apparently dogs and cats are evil and in Iran its illegal to own a dog and they charge dogs with "walking in public" This is crazy....what next!
ReplyQuote

centaspike centaspike ACT Posts: 7
2 19 Sep 2011
you got evidence? dont spread muslim hatred without evidence
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
3 28 Sep 2011
This is just one of the hundreds of teaching i found:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/dogs.htm

and another good one,

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69777

PS. Seriously Muslim hatred? Halal hmmm ring a bell?
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
4 28 Sep 2011
Yeah I was at uni a few years ago and found a dog wandering around and I needed someone to mind the dog for a minute while I ran to a payphone to call the dog's humans (my mobile battery ran out). I asked a man who just left the muslim prayer house on campus and he said he couldn't help me because he was taught that dogs, like pigs, are unclean and he wasn't allowed to go near them.

My boyfriend grew up in the Middle East and he told me that different sects hate dogs to different extents. The more progressive and westernised the Muslim, the less they hate dogs. They despise stray ones though.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 28 Sep 2011
I heard a story once of a girl in the middle east who was blind, and because dogs are seen as unclean, her guide animal was a miniature horse! Horses are seen as Gods almost in the middle east.

So yeah it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.....
ReplyQuote

Imaginary Product Imaginary Product NSW Posts: 142
6 29 Sep 2011
I don't really see how this is "crazier" than the way any other nation or religion treats dogs.  I don't see how being banned to own a dog is any worse than people continually overbreeding them, locking them in pounds and killing hundreds of thousands of them a year. Or breeding them, locking them in tiny, fithly cages, skinning them alive or killing them in some other horrible way for meat/fur etc.

This thread is offensive. If someone who is of the Islam faith chooses not to go near dogs, that is their perogative.  Nothing "crazy" about it.

If it was a white person who was simply scared of dogs would that be such a problem for you all?
ReplyQuote

Chewie Chewie NSW Posts: 521
7 29 Sep 2011
Imaginary Product said:
I don't really see how this is "crazier" than the way any other nation or religion treats dogs.  I don't see how being banned to own a dog is any worse than people continually overbreeding them, locking them in pounds and killing hundreds of thousands of them a year. Or breeding them, locking them in tiny, fithly cages, skinning them alive or killing them in some other horrible way for meat/fur etc.

This thread is offensive. If someone who is of the Islam faith chooses not to go near dogs, that is their perogative.  Nothing "crazy" about it.

If it was a white person who was simply scared of dogs would that be such a problem for you all?
Agree 100%.
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
8 29 Sep 2011
Imaginary Product said:
This thread is offensive.
yeah, questioning religion is offensive.

but this isnt...
Qur'an (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"  Men are to rub dirt on their hands if there is no water to purify them following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

To be fair, orthodox jews view pigs as unclean.
westerners also have irrational fears of certain animals, but at least we have a choice.
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
9 29 Sep 2011
I don't know if I'd call it crazy.

People from all walks of life and religions think eating all sorts of animals is ok.

On the scale of crazy I think the eating animals is crazier than not liking certain animals.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
10 29 Sep 2011
Imaginary Product said:

Its hugely different from someone who is just scared of dogs. Your not raised to be scared of dogs, it just happens. I know heaps of white people who arnt 'dog people' .. It's totally different to being raised to be told they're unclean. If you grow to be scared of them, it's the same as growing to be scared of sharks- fair enough, im scared of the dark- it's all the same. But being raised to hate something and think it's unclean, is not right. It's not a religious jab, or deliberetly offensive to their religion, it's stating a fact. It's not right.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au